Executive Officer Job Vacancy At Mercy Corps
Applications are invited from suitably qualified individuals to the vacant position of Executive Officer by Mercy Corps at Abuja, Nigeria.
About Mercy Corps
Mercy Corps is a leading global organization powered by the belief that a better world is possible.
In disaster, in hardship, in more than 40 countries around the world, we partner to put bold solutions into action helping people triumph over adversity and build stronger communities from within. Now, and for the future.
Program / Department Summary
Mercy Corps has been present in Nigeria since 2012, focusing its interventions on humanitarian assistance, economic development, and conflict mitigation. With the ongoing insurgency in Northeast Nigeria causing the displacement of millions of individuals, Mercy Corps started its humanitarian response in 2014 to address the rising humanitarian needs. As the crisis has persisted, Mercy Corps’ strategy has also expanded to address the root causes of the conflict and seek to build the long term resilience of communities with integrated programs focusing on governance, the recovery of markets and livelihoods, social cohesion and social protection, youth empowerment, and local conflict management. The Nigeria country program has grown considerably over the last few years, and is now the fifth-largest Mercy Corps country program, with a mixed grant & programming portfolio.
General Position Summary
The Executive Officer role reports directly to the Mercy Corps Nigeria Country Director and is critical in supporting the country director, programs and support teams to function smoothly and efficiently. The role will not only manage administerial aspects for the country director, from organizing and prioritizing important approvals, meeting schedules and communications. s/he will also support the coordination and communications related to the senior management team. S/he will also support special projects as assigned by the Country Director.
- Learning And Communication Officer Job At Mercy Corps
- Yola Youth Engagement Gender & Conflict Sensitivity Officer Job
- CIPP Program Manager Job At Mercy Corps
Essential Job Responsibilities Executive Officer
We are currently looking to higher an individual with the below listed criteria to occupy the aforementioned vacant position.
The Executive Officer will be responsible for a broad range of administrative tasks:
- The EO will maintain the country directors daily calendar; Scheduling meetings and appointments for both internal and external stakeholders.
- The EO will act as the Country Directors Office manager by keeping up with office supply inventory and repairs
- Manage the Senior Management team meeting schedules and act as a liaison for the Senior Management team
- Take memos, maintain files, organize, photocopy, and collate documents as needed
- Manage requests to the Country Director and redirect to the proper department or schedule appropriately with CD
- Plan, organize and implement events, such as business meetings, etc.
- Organizing and coordinating travel including schedule and documentation pre and post-travel
- Note-taking for critical meetings and coordination of key follow-up steps
- Ensuring the timely review and signing of documentation in coordination with programs and support departments
- Organize and maintain filing system and documentation for the Country Director
- Prepare reports, presentations, and data, as well as maintain files, records, and correspondence for meetings
- Other task assigned by the Country Director
The Executive Officer will be responsible for a broad range of communication tasks
- Coordinate and prepare written correspondence for donors/stakeholders
- Communicate with MC staff in the country on behalf of (at the request of) the Country Director (i.e. coordinate Monday meetings)
- Compile and produce monthly and quarterly reports as needed
- Draft email correspondence as needed/requested (i.e. SMT meetings, partner meetings)
Reports Directly To: Country Director (Abuja).
Works Directly with: Country Director, Programs and Support leads, Director of Programs (Abuja), Senior Management Team (Nigeria)
Requirements For Executive Officer Job
- Bachelor degree in Social Sciences or its equivalent, Master’s Degree is a plus
- 3+ years of experience as an Executive Officer or a similar role
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Proficient at online research
- Proactive and motivated self-starter
- Discretion and confidentiality
- Experience scheduling appointments and updating calendars
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Ability to manage a wide variety of communication and administrative tasks
- Excellent written English, and experience concisely conveying complex information for decision-makers
- Willingness to work and travel in difficult and insecure environments
The successful candidate is well-organized, professional and demonstrates strong communication skills. S/he is always thinking ahead to support the needs of the Country Director and the mission to ensure timely and efficient delivery of high-impact programs. He/she is able to manage a variety of tasks at one time and identify and prioritize different tasks according to the needs of the team. S/he has very well written and spoken communication skills and is able to summarize, analyze and synthesize information quickly and efficiently.
- All applications must include the position title, location of choice and reference number in the subject line
- Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview
- We are an equal employment opportunity organization so women are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.
How To Apply For Executive Officer
- Click the ‘Apply For Job’ below.
- Follow the link displayed to proceed to Mercy Corps recruitment portal.
- Consent and register for an application account.
- Confirm your account through your email.
- Loging into your account and complete the online application form.
- Submit your application and await notification if shortlisted.
- The application deadline was not specified.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting2.ultipro.com.