Grand Cereals Limited (GCL)
Extruder Operator Job Vacancy At Grand Cereals Limited (UAC of Nigeria Plc)
An Extruder Operator job vacancy is currently available at Grand Cereals Limited (UAC of Nigeria Plc). Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified individuals who possess all the below-listed criteria.
- Mechanical Technician Job At Grand Cereals Limited (UAC of Nigeria Plc)
- Automation Technician Job At Grand Cereals Limited (UAC of Nigeria Plc)
- Mobile Engineer Job Vacancy At Shecluded
Grand Cereals Limited (GCL) is an integrated foods company whose primary activity is the creation of superior value from local raw materials, with leading brands in the Cereals, Vegetable Oil and Animal Feed categories.
Purpose of Job
- Will be responsible for tending to the Extrusion, Drying, Coating and Cooling process of feed manufacturing.
Extruder Operator Responsibilities
- Completely tends to all equipment along the Extruder, Dryer, Vacuum Coater and Cooler line to produce extruded feeds.
- Maintains an understanding of the shift’s production schedule and how it affects the work to be done.
- Adjust, calibrate and test the equipment along the Extruder, Dryer, Vacuum Coater and Cooler line at the beginning of every shift to ensure proper operation. This includes checking the functionality of control parameters like motor current and valves.
- Execute a flawless setup and changeover procedure including the use of the right dies, knives, knife speed and steam settings.
- Completely responsible for ensuring the maximum output and efficiency of all equipment along the Extruder, Dryer, Vacuum Coater and Cooler line.
- Report and act upon machine breakdowns in line with the established downtime escalation procedure.
- Use regulated cleaning solutions, air hoses, cleaning cloths to properly maintain and clean dies, sharpen knives and carry out all other necessary equipment maintenance procedures.
- Prepare and assist in the preparation of pertinent operational reports as requested by the Plant Manager or Factory Manager.
- Initiate and maintain communications with the Shift Production Manager and the Plant Manager on all concerns regarding machine performance and product quality.
Leadership & People Management:
- Train support staff on job-related tasks, including Extruder, Dryer, Vacuum Coater and Cooler operations.
- Carry out incident, accident and non-conformity investigations and the associated reporting and action closure.
- Ensure that all manufacturing processes are carried out according to the Standard Operating Procedures.
- Conduct product quality checks along the line and assure conformance to the company’s quality standards.
- Maintains the cleanliness and housekeeping of the equipment along the Extruder, Dryer Vacuum Coater and Cooler line.
Health, Safety and Welfare:
- Ensure safe working practices are maintained on the production floor.
- Take immediate actions to limit risk to personnel, plant equipment and production during emergencies
- Responsible for the training and induction of team members on the company’s safety policy.
- Minimum of a Labour Trade Test.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in related fields in the Manufacturing Industry.
Knowledge, Skills & Attitude:
- Strong Logical, Analytical and Troubleshooting skills.
- Quality and Customer Satisfaction Consciousness.
- Strong Mechanical Aptitude
- Occupational Safety and Health.
- Excellent communication skills.
How To Apply For Extruder Operator Job
- Hit the ‘APPLY FOR JOB’ button below.
- Follow the displayed link to proceed to the Grand Cereals Limited (GCL) recruitment portal.
- Fill the online application form accurately.
- Upload your resume and send your application.
- The application deadline is 24th November.
- Only the shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit grandcereals.com.