United Nations World Food Programme (UN WFP)
Female Internship Programme – ICT Intern Vacancy At United Nations World Food Programme (UN WFP)
Female Internship Programme – ICT Intern Vacancy is currently available at United Nations World Food Programme (UN WFP). Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified individuals who possess all the below-listed criteria.
Requisition ID: 148141 (Maiduguri), 148102 (Abuja)
Duration: 8 months
- Female Internship Programme – Nutrition Intern At UN WFP
- Female Internship Programme – Human Resources Intern At UN WFP
- Female Internship Programme – Intern/Gender At UN WFP
- The purpose of this female internship programme is to build the WFP employer brand as an employer of choice among university students, bolster female staff representation and build the national talent pipeline for WFP’s future requirements.
- The programme is also expected to promote a better understanding of the United Nations among the participants through experience in the World Food Programme and Improve youth employability through providing an opportunity for work experience to female fresh graduates, and university students.
Female Internship Programme – ICT Intern Responsibilities
- The selected candidate will be assisting the ICT unit with the following key duties:
- Assisting with basic Help desk support in providing first level support for customers under close supervision of IT Associate.
- Following up on customer requirements and report to the IT unit daily.
- Assisting in the maintenance of systems and equipment by carrying out routine tasks, such as assisting with issuance of IT equipment, monitoring of network and systems, assisting with video conferencing setup. under close supervision of an IT assistant.
- Assisting with set up and upgrades of computers, phones, and other accessories.
- Assisting in keeping track of various equipment, issuing items to staff members, and receiving items.
- Compiling all up-to-date IT documentation – network diagram, user’s manual and other IT related documents.
- Assisting in the deployment/dissemination of standard material, such as computer hardware and/or software.
- Assisting in updating the asset management system by doing the physical count with other colleagues.
- Participating in testing new equipment and technologies.
- Assisting with performing assigned internet research on a variety of technology solutions to support the mission of WFP.
- Assisting in special projects related to hardware and software enhancement and troubleshooting.
- Perform other duties as directed by the Supervisor.
- Currently enrolled or have recently graduated from a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Electronics Engineering, Information Technology or related disciplines;
- Have completed at least two years of undergraduate study;
- Have attended courses in the last 12 months;
- Be computer literate in standard software applications.
- Basic proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
- Strong knowledge of computer-based networking;
- Customer-oriented approach with Fast response time to queries from clients and good communication skills, with problem description of technical issues in a non-technical way.
- Have demonstrated a keen interest in the work of the United Nations or Humanitarian Sector; Have a demonstrated ability to successfully interact with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs, which include willingness to try and understand and be tolerant of differing opinions and views.
- Knowledge of data analytics and tools will be of added advantage.
- Fluent in English and local language (Hausa or Kanuri)
Other Specific Job Requirements
- Good experience with IT tools (office suites and Internet in general)
- Knowledge of tools and standards for the software development process modelling and management
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, challenging, team-oriented environment
- Inter-personal communications skills
- Must be a Female
Terms and Conditions
- Interns will receive a monthly stipend from WFP up to the amount of US$942, paid in local currency according to the prevailing United Nations exchange rate.
- WFP is not responsible for living expenses, arrangements for accommodation, travel to and from the WFP internship location, necessary visas, and costs related.
How To Apply For Female Internship Programme – ICT Intern
- Hit the ‘APPLY FOR JOB’ link below.
- Follow the displayed link.
- Create an application account on the United Nations World Food Programme (UN WFP) recruitment portal if you haven’t.
- Log into your dashboard and complete the application by providing the requested details and documents.
- The application deadline is 11th September.
To apply for this job please visit career5.successfactors.eu.