United Nations World Food Programme (UN WFP)
Female Internship Programme – Intern/Data Analyst Vacancy At United Nations World Food Programme (UN WFP)
Female Internship Programme – Intern/Data Analyst Vacancy is currently available at United Nations World Food Programme (UN WFP). Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified individuals who possess all the below-listed criteria.
Duration: 8 months
- Female Internship Programme – Partnerships & OIM Intern At UN WFP
- Female Internship Programme – Supply Chain Intern At UN WFP
- Chief of Party (CoP) Job Vacancy At SCIDaR
- The purpose of this female internship programme is to build the WFP employer brand as an employer of choice among university students, bolster female staff representation and build the national talent pipeline for WFP’s future requirements.
- The programme is also expected to promote a better understanding of the United Nations among the participants through experience in the World Food Programme and Improve youth employability through providing an opportunity for work experience to female fresh graduates, and university students.
Female Internship Programme – Intern/Data Analyst Responsibilities
We are seeking to fill the position of a Statistician Intern based in Abuja. Under the direct supervision and technical guidance of the Vulnerability Analysis and Mapping Officer in the Research, Assessment, and Monitoring (RAM) Unit, the intern will assist the unit with the following tasks:
- Support the design and implementation of food security, nutrition, and outcome monitoring surveys while ensuring that rigorous quality standards are maintained;
- Support the curation and analysis of food security and nutrition survey data including the preparation of reports and other food security-related products to support operational decision making;
- Contribute to the development of data processing pipelines to automatically ingest, clean, aggregate, and visualize data;
- Support data management and storage of all assessment data on RAM’s Data Library and other similar cloud-based platforms, following corporate standards and guidelines;
- Support broader efforts to ensure timely provision of technical support internally (to various units) and externally (to relevant partners) that are addressing food security and nutrition issues by sharing experiences, lessons learned and best practices;
- Leverage free learning resources (WeLearn) within WFP to harness knowledge and skills on food security analysis;
Support other ad hoc requests as required.
- Education: Currently enrolled in a University postgraduate program with at least 12 months of graduate studies completed, or recently graduated (within the past six months), in the field of Statistics, Maths, Economics, Agric-Economics, Social Sciences or a related field.
- Experience: Basic knowledge of research methods and survey methodologies.
- Skills: Proficient in the use of statistical software packages (SPSS/ STATA/ R); advanced computer skills in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint; basic understanding of databases; basic knowledge of GIS; and basic code writing skills.
- Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English. Fluency in Hausa is a plus.
Other Specific Job Requirements
- Must be a Female.
Terms and Conditions
- Interns will receive a monthly stipend from WFP up to the amount of US$942, paid in local currency according to the prevailing United Nations exchange rate.
- WFP is not responsible for living expenses, arrangements for accommodation, travel to and from the WFP internship location, necessary visas, and costs related.
How To Apply For Female Internship Programme – Intern/Data Analyst
- Hit the ‘APPLY FOR JOB’ link below.
- Follow the displayed link.
- Create an application account on the United Nations World Food Programme (UN WFP) recruitment portal if you haven’t.
- Log into your dashboard and complete the application by providing the requested details and documents.
- The application deadline is 13th September.
To apply for this job please visit career5.successfactors.eu.