United Nations World Food Programme (UN WFP)
Female Internship Programme – Nutrition Intern Vacancy At United Nations World Food Programme (UN WFP)
Female Internship Programme – Nutrition Intern Vacancy is currently available at United Nations World Food Programme (UN WFP). Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified individuals who possess all the below-listed criteria.
Requisition ID: 148161
Duration: 8 months
- Female Internship Programme – Human Resources Intern At UN WFP
- Female Internship Programme – Intern/Gender At UN WFP
- Female Internship Programme – Partnerships & OIM Intern At UN WFP
- The purpose of this female internship programme is to build the WFP employer brand as an employer of choice among university students, bolster female staff representation and build the national talent pipeline for WFP’s future requirements.
- The programme is also expected to promote a better understanding of the United Nations among the participants through experience in the World Food Programme and Improve youth employability through providing an opportunity for work experience to female fresh graduates, and university students.
Female Internship Programme – Nutrition Intern Responsibilities
- Support WFP Maiduguri Area Office Nutrition Unit with the implementation activities of the nutrition interventions which include periodic field visits for programme monitoring of all WFP nutrition activities.
- Support in effective and timely documentation and filling of all official documents including approved programme report, procurement processes, stock management of non-food items for the nutrition programme, etc.
- Provide support for regular internal and external meetings with government authorities, partners, and all other relevant stakeholders, as required.
- Participate in relevant nutrition and food assistance coordination forums, workshops and trainings.
- Support with data quality assurance, reconciliation and data entry of programme output data into WFP’s corporate reporting tool.
- Support in tracking and analysis of nutrition data to provide input into WFP Maiduguri Area Office reporting activities and contribute to the preparation of accurate and timely reporting on nutrition activities, including use of WFP corporate reporting tools (e.g COMET), to enable informed operational decision making and consistency of (internal and external) information.
- Other relevant activities as required.
- Holder of a bachelor’s or master’s degree in Nutrition or related field;
- Have attended courses in the last 12 months.;
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
- Fluent in English and local language (Hausa/Kanuri)
- Customer-oriented approach with fast response time to queries from clients and good communication skills.
- Have demonstrated a keen interest in the work of the United Nations or Humanitarian Sector; Have a demonstrated ability to successfully interact with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs, which include willingness to try and understand and be tolerant of differing opinions and views.
- Knowledge of data analytics and tools will be of added advantage.
Other Specific Job Requirements
- Must be a Female.
Terms and Conditions
- Interns will receive a monthly stipend from WFP up to the amount of US$942, paid in local currency according to the prevailing United Nations exchange rate.
- WFP is not responsible for living expenses, arrangements for accommodation, travel to and from the WFP internship location, necessary visas, and costs related.
How To Apply For Female Internship Programme Nutrition Intern
- Hit the ‘APPLY FOR JOB’ link below.
- Follow the displayed link.
- Create an application account on the United Nations World Food Programme (UN WFP) recruitment portal if you haven’t.
- Log into your dashboard and complete the application by providing the requested details and documents.
- The application deadline is 11th September.
To apply for this job please visit career5.successfactors.eu.