United Nations World Food Programme (UN WFP)
Female Internship Programme – Supply Chain Intern Vacancy At United Nations World Food Programme (UN WFP)
Female Internship Programme – Supply Chain Intern Vacancy is currently available at United Nations World Food Programme (UN WFP). Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified individuals who possess all the below-listed criteria.
Requisition ID: 148081
Duration: 8 months
- Female Internship Programme – Partnerships & OIM Intern At UN WFP
- Female Internship Programme – Intern/Data Analyst At UN WFP
- Chief of Party (CoP) Job Vacancy At SCIDaR
- The purpose of this female internship programme is to build the WFP employer brand as an employer of choice among university students, bolster female staff representation and build the national talent pipeline for WFP’s future requirements.
- The programme is also expected to promote a better understanding of the United Nations among the participants through experience in the World Food Programme and Improve youth employability through providing an opportunity for work experience to female fresh graduates, and university students.
Female Internship Programme – Supply Chain Intern Responsibilities
- Support in the administration of wholesalers/retailers contracts (maintain a contracts tracking database) and monitor/track retailers performances in coordination with other SC – CBT staff and partners based on well-established key performance indicators;
- Support in the coordination of food quality control activities, and mobile point of sales (mPOS) equipment management;
- The role player shall support in the reconciliations of wholesalers/retailers transactions data, verify and process retailers invoices, and process payment requests;
- Support in information gathering that will give clear direction in the drafting of documents and preparing reports;
- Support in the revision and proof-reading of official documents, in order to ensure accuracy of all Retailer/vendor documentation;
- Interface between retailers and the IT/SCOPE unit in the maintenance of all IT related equipment;
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Supply Chain unit.
- Have recently graduated with a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Supply Chain and Logistics or related disciplines;
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
- Fluent in English and local language (Hausa or Kanuri)
- Customer-oriented approach with fast response time to queries from clients and good communication skills.
- Have demonstrated a keen interest in the work of the United Nations or Humanitarian Sector; Have a demonstrated ability to successfully interact with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs, which include willingness to try and understand and be tolerant of differing opinions and views.
- Knowledge of data analytics and tools will be of added advantage.
Other Specific Job Requirements
- Must be a Female.
Terms and Conditions
- Interns will receive a monthly stipend from WFP up to the amount of US$942, paid in local currency according to the prevailing United Nations exchange rate.
- WFP is not responsible for living expenses, arrangements for accommodation, travel to and from the WFP internship location, necessary visas, and costs related.
How To Apply For Female Internship Programme – Supply Chain Intern
- Hit the ‘APPLY FOR JOB’ link below.
- Follow the displayed link.
- Create an application account on the United Nations World Food Programme (UN WFP) recruitment portal if you haven’t.
- Log into your dashboard and complete the application by providing the requested details and documents.
- The application deadline is 10th September.
To apply for this job please visit career5.successfactors.eu.