Breakthrough ACTION Nigeria
Finance and Admin Officer Job Vacancy At Breakthrough ACTION Nigeria
A Finance and Admin Officer job vacancy is currently available at Breakthrough ACTION Nigeria. Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified individuals who possess all the below-listed criteria.
Breakthrough ACTION ignites collective action and encourages people to adopt healthier behaviours-from using modern contraceptive methods and sleeping under bed nets to being tested for HIV-by forging, testing, and scaling up new and hybrid approaches to social and behaviour change (SBC).
Firmly grounded in proven practices, Breakthrough ACTION works in partnership with governments, civil society, and communities around the world to implement creative and sustainable SBC programming, nurture SBC champions, mainstream new techniques and technologies, and advocate strategic and sustained investment in SBC.
- Finance Officer Job At Breakthrough ACTION Nigeria
- Office Assistant – Cleaner Job At Breakthrough ACTION Nigeria
- Senior Program Officer II – TB & Social and Behaviour Change Job At Breakthrough ACTION Nigeria
The Finance & Admin Officer together with other finance team members will implement efficient finance activities within the office. S/he will also work with other members of the administrative team to provide efficient administrative support for all categories of staff and external stakeholders to provide administrative and logistics support in the office.
Finance and Admin Officer Responsibilities
- In addition to the overall technical inputs to the project described above, specific duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assist with the monthly finance QuickBooks report by imputing invoices into the accounting software.
- Ensure PAYE and Withholding Taxes are remitted before the last day of the month to the responsible parties.
- Monitor budget expenditures against approved budgets.
- Review purchase orders, time and attendance records and prepare necessary reports for the project finance and senior management team;
- Ensures that all supporting documents are available and attached to the payment vouchers
- Withdraws cash from the bank for program activities and makes necessary disbursements after obtaining necessary approvals;
- Ensure travel advances and activity retirements from the field office are retired before they are due;
- Prepares Local Purchase Orders using JHU/CCP formats
- Prepares source documents for both cash and check payments
- Work with the receptionist to ensure office stationery is always available and stockouts are avoided;
- Work closely with relevant state staff to supervise and account for all safety equipment and supplies (First Aid and CPRs etc.) in all program offices (New);
- Conduct routine checks on all safety equipment and make recommendations where necessary;
- Support the admin team in updating and managing vendor contracts and Service Level Agreements (SLAs) (new);
- Assist in processing vendor and consultancy invoices (New);
- Ensure procurement of goods and services for the project are done according to USAID and institutional rules and regulations (New)
- Arrange for the repair and maintenance of office equipment and machinery to ensure that staff works effectively without any disruptions (New)
- Together with relevant staff ensure that travel & logistics, welfare and support needs of visiting guests to Nigeria and expatriates are met;
- Support in the maintenance and management of physical office space and project vehicles; including environmental cleaning, local transportation, maintenance office equipment and appliances and meeting staff office needs;
- Manage all field office petty cash transactions.
- Assist with identification and payments to vendors, ensure proper authorization for payments, distribute payments as required; supervise the processing of staff claims and advances.
Additional duties assigned to by their supervisor
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a relevant field (Accounting, Economics, Business Administration or related finance field).
- A minimum of 5 years of NGO experience is required. Experience implementing USAID funded projects in Nigeria is highly valued.
Must be fluent in English and Hausa
How To Apply for Finance and Admin Officer Job
Interested and qualified candidates should forward PDF copies of their CVs to email@example.com The subject of the email should be the job title and location e.g., ‘Senior Program Officer – Malaria (PBC & Media), Abuja’.
The application deadline is 16th March 2022.