Finance Lead, Nigeria Job Vacancy At Mastercard Foundation
A Finance Lead, Nigeria job vacancy is currently available at Mastercard Foundation. Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified individuals who possess all the below-listed criteria.
Mastercard Foundation is a global foundation based across four hubs in Kigali, Rwanda, Nairobi, Kenya, Accra, Ghana and Toronto, Canada. Our programs promote financial inclusion and advance education and learning in Africa, primarily for young people, and in Canada for Indigenous youth.
The Foundation was established in 2006 through the generosity of Mastercard when it became a public company. From inception, the Foundation was designed to be a separate entity and independent from Mastercard. Our policies, operations, and funding decisions are made by our President and Board of Directors.
The Foundation believes that youth employment is key to unlocking prosperity, both for youth and their societies. Enabling young women and men from disadvantaged communities to secure dignified and fulfilling work will ensure inclusive development and economic growth in Africa.
- Country Lead, Program Communications Job At Mastercard Foundation
- Associate Managing Consultant, Program Management – Deploy Job At Mastercard Foundation
- Technical Support Intern Job At Main One Cable Company
The Work at the Foundation
- We have entered a very exciting time at the Foundation as we scale up our operations across Africa to realize our Young Africa Works strategy. Our role at the Mastercard Foundation is to be a catalyst. Our Young Africa Works strategy focuses on working with others to spur systemic change so young people have the opportunity to find work that is dignified and fulfilling.
- The Foundation has opened offices in Rwanda, Kenya, Ghana, Senegal, Ethiopia, Nigeria, and Uganda, building a broader leadership presence in Africa to develop specific strategies that support youth employment. Within a country, we work with governments, the private sector, educators, young people, and other funders to improve the quality of education and vocational training, prepare young people for the workforce, expand access to financial services for entrepreneurs and small businesses, and connect job seekers to dignified and fulfilling work.
- We are ambitious and driven. Our values transcend and rise above everything else as our guide. We encourage you to bring your bold ideas, curiosity, and expertise to your work. We laugh at ourselves and with each other. We are a team. Our journey together makes our impact even more meaningful.
- Reporting to the Regional Head of Finance & Accounting, the role will support the Programs teams and partners to oversee all financial aspects of program partnerships including due diligence, budgeting, controls, contracting, financial reporting and analysis.
- The role will also act as the primary Finance contact for Program teams in-country.
Finance Lead, Nigeria Responsibilities
- Manage the full cycle of Finance program partner contracts, i.e. Expression of Interest (EOI), proposal, contract approval, conduct due diligence, budget reviews, program execution and monitoring, and program completion.
- Guide and train external program partners on all financial aspects of contract execution, including budgeting and reporting, due diligence, financial controls.
- Provide financial expertise and advice internally to the Foundation’s Programs team on the development and implementation of comprehensive programming strategies.
- Provide ad-hoc data and support for learning and evaluation activities, including analysis of program outputs and value-for-money.
- Maintain accurate and timely financial documentation and data, and report on contract commitments, disbursements, and cash flow projections.
- Ensure the management grants systems is updated in a timely & Accurate manner with the correct financial information for each program.
- Ongoing monitoring program financial performance post-kick-off (Deliver phase) to ensure foundation resources are deployed as envisaged and there are sufficient funding & financial controls in place to support the delivery expected program outcomes.
- Ensure there are adequate business controls with the programs to ensure the safeguarding of the foundation’s assets.
- Accountable for compliance with local and international financial regulations and requirements.
- Provide periodic reporting on partner finance matters as determined by the partner contracts and ensure follow up actions’ items are closed as required.
- Troubleshooting and management of financial issues that arise during program implementation.
- Lead comprehensive program assessment processes ensuring quality control of the plans (Accountable for the quality of the Due diligence assessment).
- Lead the assessment of the organization capacity assessments especially as related to the financial capacity of potential partners.
- Drive annual due diligence review process and update yearly work plans with Programs teams and partners.
- Perform due diligence procedures on partners (i.e. evaluating financial statements, financial capacity, watchlist screening).
- Ensure programs comply with local regulatory requirements.
- Provide Financial Information & insights as pertains to program finance to support decision making.
- Provide input into the Foundation financial planning & budgeting routines within the required timelines and guidance as provided by the Financial Planning & Analysis team.
- From time to time manage analysts and interns who support them in delivery of the program finance tasks; assign work and review outputs of the resources.
- Any other tasks/projects may be required from time to time.
- Identify opportunities to improve and standardize processes within Finance.
- Bachelor’s Degree or full accounting qualification is required
- Minimum of 10 years of progressive experience in financial roles within large and/or global organizations. Exposure to different cultures and work environments especially francophone areas.
- Strong Analytical skills with a high level of attention to detail.
- Project Management Competence.
- Working knowledge of Financial Internal Controls Management.
- Financials Reporting & Analysis experience including Budgeting, Financial Forecasting.
- Problem-solving skills and good influencing skills.
- Fluent in English and French.
- Able to Identify & Mitigate Operational, Financial and Business Risks.
- Able to generate Routine Accounting Records and Financial Reports plus determine and apply correct accounting treatments.
- Excellent communicator, (excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills) with the ability to articulate information to a variety of constituents across cultures,
- Results-driven and self-disciplined, with a strong sense of team and common purpose to achieve ambitious goals.
- Flexible, adaptable, intellectually curious and open, you are comfortable with ambiguity, receptive to new ideas and willing to learn and change.
- Able to formulate and develop a new or creative approach to a problem
- Proficient in MS Office applications, particularly Excel.
- Flexible, adaptable, and able to execute a range of job duties and changing priorities.
- Possess excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills with the ability to articulate information to a variety of constituents across cultures.
- Possess professional maturity, sensitivity with different cultures, and impeccable integrity that exemplify the Foundation’s values.
- Demonstrate a commitment to Mastercard Foundation’s values and vision.
How to Apply For Finance Lead, Nigeria Job
- Hit the ‘APPLY FOR JOB’ button below.
- Follow the displayed link to proceed to the Mastercard Foundation recruitment portal.
- Complete the online application form and submit.
- The application deadline is 1st March 2022.
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.