Breakthrough ACTION Nigeria
Finance Officer Job Vacancy At Breakthrough ACTION Nigeria
A Finance Officer job vacancy is currently available at Breakthrough ACTION Nigeria. Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified individuals who possess all the below-listed criteria.
Breakthrough ACTION ignites collective action and encourages people to adopt healthier behaviours-from using modern contraceptive methods and sleeping under bed nets to being tested for HIV-by forging, testing, and scaling up new and hybrid approaches to social and behaviour change (SBC).
Firmly grounded in proven practices, Breakthrough ACTION works in partnership with governments, civil society, and communities around the world to implement creative and sustainable SBC programming, nurture SBC champions, mainstream new techniques and technologies, and advocate strategic and sustained investment in SBC.
- Office Assistant – Cleaner Job At Breakthrough ACTION Nigeria
- Senior Program Officer II – TB & Social and Behaviour Change Job At Breakthrough ACTION Nigeria
- Senior Program Officer – Media Job At Breakthrough ACTION Nigeria
The Finance Officer will together with other finance team members implement efficient finance activities within the office and be responsible for ensuring all BA-Nigeria cost share is captured and adequately documented.
Finance Officer Responsibilities
- In addition to the overall technical inputs to the project described above, specific duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Support the DFA to ensure all cost-share opportunities are identified, captured and documented monthly.
- Ensure retroactive identification and capture of all cost-share from project inception to date.
- Update BA-Nigeria cost-share tracker regularly and ensure proper documentation and filling of all cost-share support documentation.
- Liaise with HQ and Field Offices staff in capturing all cost hare opportunities and obtaining necessary support documentation regularly.
- Assist with the monthly finance QuickBooks report by imputing invoices into the accounting software.
- Ensure PAYE and Withholding Taxes are remitted before the last day of the month to the responsible parties.
- Monitor budget expenditures against approved budgets.
- Assist finance training for new staff on project finance operations;
- Review purchase orders, time and attendance records and prepare necessary reports for the project finance and senior management team;
- Ensures that all supporting documents are available and attached to the payment vouchers
- Withdraws cash from the bank for program activities and makes necessary disbursements after obtaining necessary approvals;
- Ensure travel advances and activity retirements from the field office are retired before they are due;
- In close coordination with relevant finance staff, assist with monthly bank reconciliation
- Prepares Local Purchase Orders using JHU/CCP formats;
- Prepares source documents for both cash and check payments;
- Supervise all field office petty cash transactions;
- Assist with identification and payments to vendors, ensure proper authorization for payments, distribute payments as required; supervise the processing of staff claims and advances;
- Additional duties assigned to by their supervisor
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree or Higher National Diploma in a relevant field (Accounting or related finance field).
- 5 years’ NGO experience is required.
- Previous experience in capturing cost-share and implementing USAID funded projects in Nigeria is an added advantage.
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure, teamwork, and meet short deadlines.
How To Apply for Finance Officer Job
Interested and qualified candidates should forward PDF copies of their CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org The subject of the email should be the job title and location e.g., ‘Senior Program Officer – Malaria (PBC & Media), Abuja’.
The application deadline is 16th March 2022.