Federal Ministry of Environment (FMEnv)
Finance Officer Job Vacancy At Federal Ministry of Environment
There is currently a vacant position of Finance Officer in the Federal Ministry of Environment (FMEnv) at Abuja, Nigeria so interested individuals are invited to submit applications but must possess all the below-listed requirements before declaring an interest.
The Federal Republic of Nigeria, through the Department of Climate Change in the Federal Ministry of Environment, submitted a Readiness Proposal to the Green Climate Fund (GCF) for a project to build capacity to advance National Adaptation Plan (NAP) process in Nigeria. The Proposal has been approved with the UN Environment as the Delivery Partner for the project, with the role of supporting and overseeing the project implementation.
The project entitled “Strengthening Nigeria’s Capacity to Advance the NAP Process” will be implemented by a small project team headed by a National Coordinator. The new NAP project will support multi-sectoral, medium- to long-term adaptation planning and budgeting in Nigeria and promote the integration of climate change adaptation aspects into development planning processes and policies. Systems for developing and sharing climate risk and vulnerability information will be reinforced, and sustainable financing mechanisms for climate change adaptation initiatives are set to be developed.
The Paris Agreement (2015) in its global goal on adaptation (Article 7) brought new elements and dimensions to the climate change adaptation. Namely, enhancing adaptive capacity, strengthening resilience, and reducing vulnerability to climate change. to contribute to sustainable development and ensure an adequate adaptation response in the context of the global temperature limit of less than 2°C. The UNFCCC’s Least Developed Expert Group (LEG) on adaptation released Guidelines for National Adaptation Plans (December 2012). Furthermore, the Green Climate Fund (GCF) has issued guidance on adaptation planning approaches.
- Project Coordinator Job At Federal Ministry of Environment
- Administrative Assistant Job At Federal Ministry of Environment
Finance Officer Job Description
- Keep the accounting records of the project;
- Arrange and archive accounting records in an appropriate manner following UN International Accounting Standards and Procedures Manual and the provisions of the Financing Agreements;
- Under the supervision of the National NAP Coordinator, prepare quarterly, mid-year, and annual financial reports of the project at the established frequency and forward them no later than the fifteenth day at the end of each reporting period, while ensuring prior control of all financial information;
- Regularly monitor the financial implementation of the project within the approved budget and following the provisions of UN Environment and the provisions of the financing agreements;
- Carry out the year-end inventory (fixed assets, inventories, depreciation);
- Carry out the closing of the accounts at the end of the year;
- Prepare and facilitate the conduct of annual project audits, and improve internal control procedures by taking into account audit recommendations;
- A Degree in Accounts, Finance, or related field.
- Candidates should possess a minimum of 3 years of professional experience.
- Analytical skills, initiative, sound judgment, results-oriented, and efficiency in a multitasking environment.
- Good interpersonal and teamwork skills, networking attitude, ability to work in a multicultural environment.
- Ability to work under pressure in complex situations
- Ability to work independently, set priorities, and organize the workflow efficiently.
- Willingness to travel around the country to coordinate, attend and monitor project activities
- Full working knowledge of English, including excellent writing and presentation skills.
- Very good computer skills and ability to use information technology as a tool and resource.
- Excellent writing, editing, and oral communication skills in English.
How To Apply For Finance Officer Job In Federal Ministry of Environment
Suitably qualified individuals should forward their Applications alongside with Cover Letter stating reasons for being the most suitable candidate for this position, plus other relevant credentials to:
The Office of the Director,
Department of Climate Change,
Plot 444 Aguiyi Ironsi Street,
The application deadline is7th May.