Catholic Relief Services (CRS)
Finance Officer Job Vacancy At Catholic Relief Services (CRS)
A Finance Officer job vacancy is currently available at Catholic Relief Services (CRS). Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified individuals who possess all the below-listed criteria.
Job Title: Finance Officer (210000J7)
Primary Location: CARO-NG-Borno
Job: Program Management
Employee Status: Individual Contributor
Job Level: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is an international non-governmental organization supporting relief and development work in over 99 countries around the world.
Catholic Relief Services programs assist persons based on need, regardless of creed, ethnicity, or nationality. We are a global leader in agricultural livelihoods programming, and promotes resilience building in impoverished, disaster-affected, and climate change-impacted areas around the world. CRS re-established its presence in Nigeria in 2000 and currently works in 32 of Nigeria’s 36 states, focusing on agriculture and livelihoods, health, and emergency programming.
We are currently recruiting a Finance Officer who will support the Finance department’s management of accounting systems, policies and procedures in compliance with CRS’ established accounting standards, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), donors’ rules and regulations, and legal requirements to support high-quality programs serving the poor and vulnerable.
As part of an experienced finance team, you will help coordinate daily financial activities through the preparation and delivery of financial services.
- Project Officer – Nutrition Job At Catholic Relief Services (CRS)
- Security Assistant Job At Catholic Relief Services (CRS)
- Female Internship Programme – Administration Intern Damaturu 1 At UN WFP
Finance Officer Key Responsibilities
- Review and supporting documentation of financial transactions to ensure all required documents are accurate and complete.
- Help ensure maintenance of all data required for processing financial transactions for assigned accounts in the INSIGHT financial accounting package.
- Assume the Accounts Payable Specialist PERSONA in INSIGHT and be responsible for all payment processing assigned under this level access.
- Record delegated financial transactions following appropriate authorizations. Review various accounts to detect irregularities.
- Help evaluate sub-recipient financial management processes following policy and help strengthen the capacity of partners in financial accounting and transactions.
- Prepare delegated financial reports, as needed.
- Help share information with sub-recipients and staff on financial accounting policies and procedural compliance issues.
Supervisory Responsibilities (if none, state none)
- B.A. degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business Administration strongly preferred. Courses in accounting, or a qualification in accounting (CPA/ACCA or equivalent).
- Minimum of two years accounting experience, preferably with an international or local NGO, or a financial/banking institution.
- Well written and spoken English and Hausa.
- Must be willing and able to travel up to 30 %.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to detect and report inconsistencies.
- Excellent organizational skills with great attention to detail.
- Ethical conduct following recognized professional and organizational codes of ethics.
- Proactive, resourceful, solutions-oriented and results-oriented.
- Ability to work collaboratively.
- Familiarity with the relevant public donors’ regulations is a plus.
- Proficient in Excel and experience with Word and PowerPoint. Knowledge of financial reporting software is a plus.
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff)
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfil his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Continuous Improvement & Innovation
- Builds Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Strategic Mindset
- Accountability & Stewardship
Key Working Relationships
- Consult the Senior Nutrition Project Officer in all decision processes.
- Timely updates to Senior Nutrition Project Officer on program data and activities
- Collaborate with other nutrition team members
- Establish and maintain good communication with partner officers
- Internal: Supply Chain and Admin team, Project Grant Accountant, Programing Team.
- External: Partners and sub-recipients, Banks/Financial Institutions, Regulatory Agencies such as FIRS or SBIR.
How To Apply For Finance Officer Job
- Hit the ‘APPLY FOR JOB’ link below.
- Follow the displayed link to proceed to the Catholic Relief Services (CRS) recruitment portal.
- Create an application account in the portal if you haven’t.
- Activate your account via the registered email.
- Log into your dashboard and complete your application.
- Only the shortlisted candidates will be notified of the next process.
- The application deadline is 15th September.
Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
Note: All positions requiring residence or frequent travel outside their home country must undergo and clear a pre-employment medical examination.
CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to safeguarding the rights and dignity of all people – especially children and vulnerable adults – to live free from abuse and harm.
To apply for this job please visit crs.taleo.net.