Fixed Asset Officer Job Vacancy In Dangote Group
The vacant position of Fixed Asset Officer is currently available in Dangote Group. Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified individuals who possess all the below-listed criteria.
The Dangote Group is a Nigerian multinational industrial conglomerate, founded by Aliko Dangote. It is the largest conglomerate in West Africa and one of the largest on the African continent,
We are looking for a Fixed Asset Officer who will manage and maintain DCP’s fixed asset records/ register and ensure proper accounting for fixed assets at the plant, in compliance with DCP’s fixed assets policies.
- Nurse (Cement Industry) Job Vacancy In Dangote Group
- Corporate Driver Job Vacancy In Dangote Group
- Inventory Officer Job Vacancy In Dangote Group
Fixed Asset Officer Key Responsibilities
- Review CAPEX purchase requisitions and ensure accurate upload of all fixed assets in the fixed asset register.
- Calculate and record depreciation for all fixed assets following IFRS and DCP’s depreciation policies.
- Review, interpret and apply fixed assets policies to fixed asset transactions at the plant including purchase, valuation, revaluation, accruals and disposal.
- Reconcile the fixed asset sub-ledger to the general ledger periodically.
- Ensure supporting plant fixed assets records and schedules are sufficient to meet audit/regulatory requirements.
- Coordinate all fixed asset purchases with the various departments and collate updates on new additions monthly
- Ensure all new assets are properly labelled and set up in the fixed asset register and individual asset account.
- Periodically reconcile and coordinate physical stock-taking of fixed assets to ensure proper location and existence of all fixed assets.
- Ensure accurate entries for all fixed assets acquisition, disposal/movements and depreciation.
- Manage the activities involved in the disposal of fully depreciated, obsolete or damaged assets.
- Participate in month-end financial closing procedures
- Prepare the year-end fixed asset/depreciation schedules for annual audit/review.
- Assist in the development of fixed asset management processes, policies & procedures.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Head, Plant Finance.
Education and Work Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Economics or other related disciplines.
- Relevant professional certification (e.g. ACA, ACCA, CIMA, CFA).
- Minimum of ten (10) years relevant work experience.
Skills and Competencies
- Good understanding of trends, challenges, opportunities, regulations and legislations relating to the cement manufacturing industry.
- Good knowledge and understanding of finance best practices, IFRS and other applicable accounting standards.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good organisational skills.
- Good data gathering, analysis and problem-solving skills
- High ethical standards and integrity.
- Basic proficiency in the use of MS Office tools.
- Basic knowledge of accounting packages and systems, including SAP.
- Private Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Training and Development
How to Apply For Fixed Asset Officer) In Dangote
- Click the ‘Apply For Job’ button below.
- Follow the link displayed to proceed to the Dangote Group recruitment portal.
- fill the online application form
- Upload the requested documents.
- Submit your application and await notification if shortlisted for an interview.
- The application deadline is not specified.
To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com.