Society for Family Health (SFH)
Gender Advisor Job Vacancy At Society for Family Health (SFH)
Gender Advisor job vacancy is currently available at Society for Family Health (SFH). Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified individuals who possess all the below-listed criteria.
- Strategic Human Resources Manager Job Vacancy At Society for Family Health (SFH)
- Monitoring & Evaluation Advisor Job Vacancy At Society for Family Health
- Procurement & Logistics Advisor Job Vacancy At Society for Family Health
Society for Family Health (SFH) is a Nigerian non-governmental organisation (NGO) working in partnership with communities, government, donors and the private sector for universal health coverage and social justice of all Nigerians.
We deploy health system strengthening and total market approaches in a bid to unify the private and public health sectors to scale an Essential Package of Health Services (EPHS) offering of good quality to all Nigerians.
We work in partnership with the Federal and State Governments of Nigeria, the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), the British Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, MSD for Mothers, the Global Fund and Children Investment Fund Foundation among other international donors.
SFH offers professional opportunities for career growth and advancement, an excellent working environment, and competitive remuneration. We seek to recruit self-motivated and highly qualified persons to fill the under-listed vacant positions, in response to organisational expansion into new geographies.
We are recruiting for Gender Advisor who will carry out the following functionalities in our organization.
- This position will be responsible for facilitating a better understanding of human rights, the needs and vulnerabilities of key populations and women and girls, and the interrelatedness of these areas in the context of achieving positive health outcomes for HIV, TB in key affected populations.
- The successful candidate shall provide the needed oversight in creating an enabling environment for the successful implementation of HIV Services for key affected populations in the States.
Gender Advisor Responsibilities
- Build strategic alliances with other key actors internally and externally to advocate for gender-sensitive programming.
- Provide technical support to and identify opportunities for the development of relevant advocacy and communication/information materials to address gender (in)equality issues.
- Collect and promote good practices and lessons learned, contributing to a collection of replicable good practices for gender equality programming.
- Provide training/orientation ToT, mentoring, and one-on-one support on promoting the gender e-learning courses on Gender and Sexual Diversity (GSD) for project staff and partners.
- Programme management: ability to develop and come up with work plans, monthly reports, stakeholder engagement as well as proven leadership and supervisory experience in leading a program team to successful outcomes.
- Assessments and Evaluation: conduct reviews and audits as well as gender assessments and analyses.
- Must possess a First Degree in Law / International Relations / Social Development / Social / Behavioural Sciences or Gender Studies or its equivalent in a relevant field.
- Possession of a Master’s Degree in any of the above courses will be an added advantage.
- Must possess a minimum of four (4) years post NYSC work experience, preferably in Legal, Human rights activities, or Gender activism.
- Must have in-depth experience in advocacy and maintain a good relationship with the Law enforcement agents, especially the Police
Skills and Competencies required:
- Must have good knowledge of both local and international laws as it relates to Human Rights and Gender Equality specific to Key populations and children.
- Experience in advocacy and networking, especially with law enforcement agents most especially the Police.
- Experience in Managing and supporting CBOs and organizing training and related activities.
- Leadership skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Fluent in the Hausa language
- A team player who works well under pressure to meets deadlines.
- Critical thinker and problem solver
- Liberality with regards to people’s beliefs, mental and sexual orientation.
- Awareness and sensitivity of self and others; demonstrate awareness and sensitivity to gender and diversity. Have experience and the ability to live and work in diverse cultural contexts in a culturally appropriate manner.
Compensation & Benefits
The compensation package for this position is designed to attract, motivate, and retain talented individuals.
How To Apply For Strategic Gender Advisor Job
- Hit the ‘APPLY FOR JOB’ button below to proceed to the Society for Family Health (SFH) recruitment portal.
- Fill the online application form accurately.
- Upload the necessary documents as requested
- Apply and await notification for an interview if shortlisted.
- The application deadline is 18th August.
All applications will be treated in confidence. Candidates without the minimum requirements need not apply. This advert will be open for two weeks from the date of publication. We thank prospective applicants for their interest in working with SFH. However, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. SFH is an equal opportunity employer, therefore women are encouraged to apply. Qualified candidates who are residents in the states where the roles are situated are strongly encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job please visit sfhnigeria.simplicant.com.