General Manager, Mines Job Vacancy In Dangote Group
The vacant position of General Manager, Mines is currently available in Dangote Group. Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified individuals who possess all the below-listed criteria.
The Dangote Group is a Nigerian multinational industrial conglomerate, founded by Aliko Dangote. It is the largest conglomerate in West Africa and one of the largest on the African continent,
We are looking for a General Manager, Mines who will oversee all mining activities including operations and maintenance with a key focus on profitability and optimum utilisation of resources while ensuring the health and safety of mining staff.
- Inventory Officer Job Vacancy In Dangote Group
- Management/Financial Accountant Job In Dangote Group
- Gym Officer At An Exclusive Gym By WAVE
General Manager, Mines Key Responsibilities
- Plan, manage, coordinate, and direct mining operations and maintenance of machinery.
- Evaluate the efficiency of mining sites to determine the adequacy of personnel, equipment and technologies used, and make changes to work schedule or equipment when necessary.
- Oversee the technical mining aspects of the operations including drilling, blasting loading and hauling and provide expertise as required.
- Identify performance optimization opportunities to enhance bottom-line financial benefits.
- Prepare mining production reports for review by the Plant Director.
- Monitor mining operational performance against budget and ensure that production quotas and procedures are met.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Plant Director.
Reporting Line: The General Manager Mines reports to the Plant Director.
Education and Work Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in Engineering, Mining or related discipline.
- Minimum of twenty-seven (27) years demonstrated operating experience in mining operations and maintenance practices.
Skills and Competencies
- In-depth knowledge of mining operations, production, maintenance, process control and health and safety management.
- Commercial acumen and experience regarding how to maximise the financial returns of the project including the ability to manage contracts effectively and to compile and manage budgets and operating costs.
- Strong leadership and people management skills.
- Commitment to the implemented safety and environmental regulations
- Good data gathering and analysis skills.
- Baseline problem analysis and solving skills.
- Creativity and an ability to think out of the box.
- Private Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Training and Development
How to Apply For General Manager, Mines In Dangote
- Click the ‘Apply For Job’ button below.
- Follow the link displayed to proceed to the Dangote Group recruitment portal.
- fill the online application form
- Upload the requested documents.
- Submit your application and await notification if shortlisted for an interview.
- The application deadline is not specified.
To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com.