Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC)
Global Fund (GF) Grant Manager Job Vacancy At Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC)
A Global Fund (GF) Grant Manager job vacancy is currently available at Onyx Investment Advisory Limited. Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified individuals.
- Program Officer Job At Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC)
- Laboratory Specialist (Technical Lead) Job At Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC)
- Machine Operator, Driver and Cleaner Job At Onyx Investment Advisory Limited
The Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) is the government agency with the mandate to coordinate the surveillance, detection, and response to infectious disease outbreaks. Over the last three years, NCDC has deployed a new tool for disease surveillance.
- We seek candidates for the position of Global Fund (GF) Grant Manager. This individual will lead the NCDC GF Grant Management Unit (GMU) which oversees the NCDC’s Global Fund Grant.
- The grants include the Resilient and Sustainable Systems for Health (RSSH2) and the COVID-19 Response Mechanism (C-19 RM).
- The Grant Manager should have significant leadership, management and development experience, a demonstrated track record of successfully managing large donor-funded projects, a commitment to achieving results, capacity building, and experience in the successful implementation of programs focusing on health systems strengthening and emergency response.
- This is a full-time position based in Abuja, with approximately 30% travel within Nigeria.
- Oversees implementation and administration of grants, provides high-quality managerial oversight, and technical and strategic leadership, and is accountable for the achievement of results.
- Serves as the primary liaison from NCDC to FA, GF and other partners and ensures that deliverables are maintained at the highest quality and standard and that all grant objectives and targets are met. Safeguard NCDC’s reputation by ensuring that financial, contractual, technical, and political integrity is maintained and strengthened.
- Develop (update and adapt as needed) and execute project results framework performance monitoring plan, technical strategy, M&E plan, and annual work plans as per contract/agreement requirements, NCDC technical frameworks and standards, and guidelines.
- Ensure effective contract/agreement implementation in strict compliance with contractual/agreement clauses, NCDC and GF policies and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs). Ensure structure and reporting relationships are aligned with project needs, local context, and available resources.
- Monitor and ensure the efficiency and effectiveness of all project activities and partners to ensure the quality of grant implementation and alignment of priorities, including financial and programmatic oversight, administration and procurement, and regular supervision visits.
- Manage and mentor grant team members on GF policies and guidelines, and implement an effective performance-management program including regular check-ins, regular appraisals, supportive supervision, rewards, training, coaching and career development support.
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with key internal and external stakeholders, beneficiaries, prime and subcontractors, suppliers, and partners. Provide effective and timely responses to inquiries and concerns.
- Collaborate with partners as required for grant activities to ensure harmonious collaboration with and cost-effective use of the grants management unit.
- Lead quarterly work planning meetings with technical and implementing partners, including capacity building and technical assistance. Oversee the submission of high-quality periodic reporting reports to the Global Fund.
- Develop clear guidance, tools, templates, and processes for project team members on the requirements for PR and GF approval requests and other contractual requirements and documentation. Establish standards of practice and monitor systems for effective GF policy, process, and contract management, flagging and following up on issues and proffer follow-up on corrective action.
- Interpret and advise HQ and project staff on Global Fund regulations and guidelines, project-specific policies, NCDC policies, Grants & Contracts Department compliance guidance documents and tools reinforcing client requirements and facilitation of comprehension of requirements for in-country staff as needed.
- Provide proposal and concept note development support during all phases of grant implementation, leading the development of compliance-related proposals and concept notes for submission as necessary.
- Review terms and conditions of all contract modifications before submission for approval,
- Drive grant activity implementation review meeting process, initiating, and leading the policy, process and contract compliance orientation and requirements and ensuring ongoing refresher meetings are held periodically as staff join the project.
- Work collaboratively with finance, program management, and technical staff to operationalize GF contract compliance requirements and exhibit a keen understanding of the interrelated nature of compliance about the financial, programmatic, and technical management of the GF grant and execution of grant activities and deliverables on schedule.
- Monitor and advise on contract requirements throughout grant implementation, including timely review and sign-off of all prior approval submissions to the client.
- Participate in Monthly GF grant reviews to stay abreast of current grant activities to proactively flag compliance-related matters.
- Required Languages – English fluency is required.
- Travel – must be willing and able to travel up to 30%
Key Working Relationships:
- Internal: DG NCDC, Director Special Duties, Grant Management Unit, Global Fund Thematic Focal persons
- External: NACA GF Portfolio Manager, NACA GF Portfolio Team, Ministry of Health, Fiscal Agent, LFA, GF Sub-recipients, USAID, CDC, UN agencies, other Global Fund SR.
- Master’s Degree (preferably in Business Administration or Public Health) from a well-recognized institution or more years’ relevant experience managing large-scale development grants, preferably focusing on health and emergencies
- At least 5 years of supervisory experience, including performance evaluation, coaching, mentoring, staff management experience and abilities that are conducive to a learning environment.
- Exceptional managerial experience, preferably managing complex public health sector activities involving coordination with multiple stakeholders
- Demonstrated experience in developing and managing relationships with donors and governments
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Familiarity with Global Fund and emergency response processes and procedures preferred
- Technical knowledge of health delivery systems in the public sector is strongly preferred
- Proven track record of successful program management, including management of multi-activity projects, complicated logistics and large budgets, as well as health products & medical commodities.
- Ability to write well with attention to detail to compose reports, presentations, and emails in an organized, logical, and concise manner, conveying complex compliance requirements and explaining nuances;
- Excellent knowledge and experience in budget management and project management.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Publisher, Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook.
- Application of program quality standards to project design and organizational learning, performance improvement and application of gender equity.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proven leadership and ability to build and motivate diverse and talented teams
- Proven experience in building and maintaining institutional linkages
- Ability to work to meet deadlines in multiple tasking environments
- Excellent organization, planning and analytical skills; detail-oriented
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with demonstrated strength in relationship management.
Agency-wide Competencies (for all NCDC Staff):
Rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of NCDC and used by each staff member to fulfil his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Continuous Improvement & Innovation
- Builds Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Strategic Mindset
- Accountability & Stewardship.
How To Apply For Global Fund (GF) Grant Manager Job
- Hit the ‘APPLY FOR JOB’ button below.
- Follow the displayed link to proceed to the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) recruitment portal.
- Complete the online application form and submit your application.
- The application deadline is 30th June 2022.
To apply for this job please visit career.ncdc.gov.ng.