Ekiti State Internal Revenue Service (EKIRS)
Head, Direct Assessment Job Vacancy At Ekiti State Internal Revenue Service (EKIRS)
A Head, Direct Assessment job vacancy is currently available at Ekiti State Internal Revenue Service (EKIRS). Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified individuals.
- Head, Human Resources Job At Ekiti State Internal Revenue Service (EKIRS)
- Head, Financial Reporting Job At Ekiti State Internal Revenue Service (EKIRS)
- Officer, Internal Audit Job At Ekiti State Internal Revenue Service (EKIRS)
Duties and Responsibilities
- Interface with new growth and relationship management units and all other available means to gather a concise database of all taxpayers subject to Direct Assessment
- Periodically update the database and ensure it includes a significant percentage of all major direct assessment taxpayers in Ekiti State
- Make sure that all major taxpayers are captured in the Revenue’s central database.
- Ensure that tax liabilities agreed to with the individual taxpayer are a fair reflection of the income earned by the taxpayer
- Establish a scientific and systematic approach within the statutory regulations, in determining the tax assessed on each taxpayer
- To manage team members, and with the support of the HR unit ensure they are adequately trained and have the resources required to deliver on their tasks
- Interface with the tax audit, database management unit, and Head of Legal to ensure the best results
- At every opportunity, leverage technology and the Revenue’s database in performing tasks
- For the team; Communicate job expectations and monitor performance in line with HR policies.
- Regular communications with Director PIT on team achievements and challenges
- Ensure all key processes within the unit are properly documented, key risk areas identified, and mitigating controls are put in place and constantly monitored
- Any other task that may be assigned by the Director, PIT
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or a related field
- ICAN ACCA or its equivalent
- Minimum of 10 years cognate experience in tax administration (at least two of which have been in a lead role) and at least 4 of which were specifically in Personal Income Tax administration.
- Conversant in the preparation and analysis of financial statements
- Very strong analytical skills Good interpersonal skills
- Proficient in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
How To Apply For Head, Direct Assessment Job
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV and Application Letter with a heading indicating the job being applied for to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
- The Revenue is looking to engage highly motivated and goal-oriented staff who meet the criteria as stated in the job descriptions attached.
- Shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview(s) which may be virtual or physical, towards making a final selection.