Ekiti State Internal Revenue Service (EKIRS)
Head, Human Resources Job Vacancy At Ekiti State Internal Revenue Service (EKIRS)
A Head, Human Resources job vacancy is currently available at Ekiti State Internal Revenue Service (EKIRS). Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified individuals.
- Head, Financial Reporting Job At Ekiti State Internal Revenue Service (EKIRS)
- Officer, Internal Audit Job At Ekiti State Internal Revenue Service (EKIRS)
- Deputy Chief of Party – Nigeria Livestock Development Job At Heifer International
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and implement a comprehensive, integrated, and effective human resource management framework (systems, policies, and procedures) covering Organisation Design, Talent Management, Performance Management, Rewards Strategy, and Employee Relations.
- Identify and implement specific human capital improvement initiatives required to support the long-term growth and stability of the Revenue.
- Facilitate the development of ideal organisational culture and system of values within the Revenue
- Ensure the Revenue can retain its best staff, who deliver against set goals and objectives.
Organisation Design (OD):
- Serve as custodian of the approved organizational charts and manage the process for organisation re-structure and job design across business units
- Develop OD solutions and provide advisory support to management regarding organisational effectiveness
- Determine the organisation’s manning requirements and ensure efficient allocation of manpower for organisational effectiveness
- Ensure all key processes within the unit are properly documented, key risk areas identified and mitigating controls are put in place and constantly monitored
Performance & Talent Management:
- Oversee the recruitment life cycle including sourcing, screening, interviewing, selecting, placement, and confirmation of all new hires.
- Ensure timely and adequate orientation, induction, and on-boarding of new employees
- Prepare recruitment reports as requested and maintain a resume and requisition tracking system.
- Track employee competency levels and ensure adequate and effective learning and development programs are in place to provide staff with the competencies required for their current and future planned roles
- Oversee the performance management process across the Revenue
- Ensure documentation of key performance metrics across departments in line with the overall objectives of the Revenue
- Ensure periodic performance reviews and support line management in addressing performance shortfalls.
Employee Relations, Welfare & Rewards:
- Review the Revenue’s work practices and/or conditions of employment, ensuring best practices and compliance with relevant labour laws.
- Establish a relationship of trust and understanding with managers and employees. Investigate, manage and resolve employee relation issues including disciplinary and grievance matters
- Design, plan and coordinate employee welfare programmes – Health Management Schemes, Group Life Assurance, catering, safety measures etc.
- Develop a reward strategy that supports the Revenue’s objectives, drives and rewards performance, and creates value for all stakeholders
- Periodically review the businesses environment and reward practices that promote the organisational culture
- Provide monthly payroll advice and supervision; ensure salaries are duly paid and statutory deductions are remitted as at when due.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field
- A post-graduate qualification in a related discipline and/ or certification from a recognized HR body such as CIPD/SHRM/CIPM
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in an HR environment with at least 3 of these in a supervisory role Knowledge of labour laws
- People Management, Change Management, HR Operations, Negotiation skills, Vendor Management, Organisation Development, Talent Management, Performance Management, Resource Management, Strategic Thinking.
How To Apply For Head, Human Resources Job
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV and Application Letter with a heading indicating the job being applied for to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
- The Revenue is looking to engage highly motivated and goal-oriented staff who meet the criteria as stated in the job descriptions attached.
- Shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview(s) which may be virtual or physical, towards making a final selection.