Head, Information Technology Job Vacancy By iRecruiters Africa
A Head, Information Technology Job Vacancy is currently available by iRecruiters Africa. Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified individuals who possess all the below-listed criteria.
iRecruiters Africa is digitally-native recruitment and business support agency that helps individuals and businesses achieve and become more.
- Corporate Communications Manager Job By iRecruiters Africa
- Senior Sales Manager (Automobile) Job By iRecruiters Africa
- Head/Senior Human Resource (Chinese Conglomerate) Job By iRecruiters Africa
Our client is a renowned International retail shop dealer of a variety of food products, household goods and small appliances at a discounted rate.
The primary objective of the Head of Information Technology’s role will be to leverage technology to generate value and maintain a competitive advantage for the organization through the effective management of the organizations’ information technology (IT) operations and efficient technical support.
Head, Information Technology Responsibilities:
- Lead development and implementation processes for the organizations’ information technology systems and department
- Develop and implement business continuity protocols to minimize disruption to business operations in the event of emergencies or data loss
- Establish efficiency and efficacy standards, providing recommendations for improvement of IT Infrastructure
- Analyze IT infrastructure and systems performance to assess operating costs, productivity levels, upgrade requirements and other metrics and needs
- Oversee security of systems, networks as well as enterprise information and design strategic solutions for vulnerabilities
- Facilitate IT security audits and investigations
- Develop and introduce processes, procedures and systems, to ensure the cyber security and confidentiality of all company data and provide protection against internal and external threats
- Inspect the use of technological equipment and software to ensure functionality and efficiency
- Analyze the business requirements of all departments to determine their technology needs
- Assist in building relationships with vendors and creating cost-efficient contracts
- Develop and maintain relationships with external IT vendors and service providers
- Coordinate multi-site IT systems via enterprise resource planning (ERP)
- Manage and optimize infrastructure assets to satisfy internal financial targets
- Devise and establish IT policies, standards and systems
- Active involvement in the hiring process and training of IT staff
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Technology + Master’s degree or MBA
- Relevant Professional certifications will be an added advantage
- At least 10 years experience managing an IT department
- Experience in a retail or FMCG environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in the latest technology for IT systems and management
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite or any related software
- Excellent leadership, prioritization and organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Analytical skills required to study problems and see projects through to completion
- Proficiency in forecasting, budgeting and ability to pay attention to details
- Ability to establish credibility at all levels, inside and outside the organization.
- Experience managing and working with cloud-based systems
- Experience managing a team of IT professionals
- Project and programme management development skill and experience
- IT Service delivery management
- Thorough understanding of IT and practical applications to support the company’s goals
How To Apply For Head, Information Technology Job
- Hit the ‘APPLY FOR JOB’ button below.
- Follow the displayed link to proceed to the iRecruiters Africa recruitment portal.
- Hit the ‘APPLY NOW’ button and complete the online application form.
- Submit your application.
- Only the shortlisted candidates shall be contacted for the next process.
- The application deadline was not specified.
To apply for this job please visit careers.irecruitersafrica.com.