Wema Bnak Plc
Head, Legal Services Job Vacancy At Wema Bank Plc
A Head, Legal Services job vacancy is currently available at Wema Bank Plc. Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified individuals who possess all the below-listed criteria.
Wema Bank offers a range of retail and SME banking, corporate banking, treasury, trade services and financial advisory to its ever-expanding clients. In 2009, the Bank underwent a strategic repositioning exercise which culminated in a decision to operate as a commercial Bank with regional authorisation in South-South Nigeria, South-West Nigeria, Lagos and Abuja in 2011.
Operating a network of over 125 branches and service stations backed by a robust ICT platform across Nigeria, we are committed to long-term sustainability in our business whilst maintaining the highest standards of social responsibility, corporate governance and diversity in our operations.
- Head, Customer Interaction Job Vacancy At Wema Bank Plc
- Team Lead, Customer Experience Job At Wema Bank Plc
- Client Service Officer, North West / North Central Job At Stanbic IBTC Bank
- The Head of Legal is first and foremost tasked with leading and motivating all the Legal Officers both at the head office and the regional offices to ensure that they perform optimally.
- The person will also act as a mentor to all legal department personnel, encouraging their professional growth.
Head, Legal Services Responsibilities
- Legal Advisory Role: The Head of Legal along with the Legal Adviser manages legal risk within the enterprise by providing legal advice to the business and management.
- Collaboration Role: The role of the Head of Legal is also a collaborative one and in that capacity he works with departmental leadership and key stakeholders across the business in overseeing and ensuring legal compliance across the business, maintaining the business’s integrity both internally and externally (reputational risk).
- Specific functions: The Head of Legal also performs similar duties as he deems fit for the proper execution of his duties and duties as delegated by the Company Secretary/Legal Adviser and management of the bank.
Supervise legal work of Legal Officers, paralegals, and outside counsel; consults on difficult or sensitive issues.
- Ensure compliance by the Bank with best Corporate Governance Practices including risk identification and mitigation.
- Draft, review, and approve policies and procedures, regulations, bylaws, and other legal documents.
- Reviews contracts, leases, and other legal documents; researches legal issues and recommends revisions as necessary.
- Review, research, interpret and prepares both written and oral opinions on a wide variety of legal issues.
- Provide efficient, effective legal support services and ensure compliance by the Bank with laws governing its operations;
- Ensure the Bank is legally protected in all its transactions, with customers and other third parties;
- Manage the Bank’s litigation portfolio to ensure that it is within set parameters by Managing disputes, claims, actions and potential disputes.
- B.Sc Degree in law.
- 7-10 years proven experience as Head legal Services/Legal Advisor.
- Professional Certification/MSc is an added advantage.
- Preferably candidates from the banking sector.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of corporate law and procedures in the banking sector.
- A high degree of professional ethics and integrity.
How To Apply For Head, Legal Services Job
- Hit the ‘APPLY FOR JOB’ button below.
- Follow the displayed link to proceed to the Wema Bank Plc recruitment portal.
- Hit the ‘Apply for job’ button.
- Sign up for an account in the portal.
- Log into your dashboard and complete the online application form accurately.
- Submit your application and await notification if shortlisted.
- The application deadline is 10th January.
To apply for this job please visit wemabank.seamlesshiring.com.