Head of Engineering Job Recruitment At Adexen
The vacant position of Head of Engineering is currently available at Adexen as mandated by an International Maritime Company to recruit for the position in Port Harcourt, Nigeria. suitably qualified candidates who possess the below-stated criteria should proceed and apply.
Adexen is a global Human Resources Company providing business and support services in Africa. We support companies in all industries in the fields of HR, Legal, Finance, Sales & Marketing, Engineering, and Supply chain.
Adexen know how important people are to business. We also think that “People are the future of Africa”. We understand what is needed to match highly skilled professionals with companies operating in Africa at the highest standards.
Our consultants are experts in their fields and use the most modern systems and up-to-date knowledge to support all HR fields. Our target is to bring a wealth of experience to help companies’ operations to find and retain talents.
Adexen’s objective is to provide both our Clients and their employees as well as our candidates’ excellence in all aspects of our services.
This high level of service is the foundation of Adexen’s excellent reputation.
- New Sales and Business Development Engineer Job At Adexen
- Warehouse and Logistics Manager Job Recruitment At Adexen
- PET Engineer Job Recruitment At Adexen
Head of Engineering Job Responsibilities
- Plan, coordinate, manage and control the activities of the Engineering Technical Department comprising dry-docking and maintenance of fleet to maximize the availability of a fleet of vessels cost-effectively and to Provide specialist advice on all Company’s engineering and technical matters to the senior management.
- Develop Technical strategies to achieve all business objectives within the corporate vision, mission, and strategy, implement all Technical Policies, Systems, Processes, and Procedures so that all Operational and Contract requirements are fulfilled while delivering a quality service to customers
- Develop plans and budgets for Dry Docking and Preventive maintenance of the whole fleet of vessels, costs submit department budget estimates and ensures that expenditures remain within budget limits, and provides justification of variances.
- Oversee and control the implementation of the annual operational plans to ensure the business objectives are achieved in line with the business strategy so that all resources are optimally utilized and communication can take place in an efficient manner between the various departments.
- Develop, implement and supervise the Computerization system to ensure the availability of critical equipment/spares. Approve quantity and variety of spare parts, materials, consumables, etc. based on reports and recommendations submitted by Workshop and Dry Dock Coordinator.
- Provide leadership to the Engineering Department while ensuring that appropriate caliber of human resources is attracted, engaged, and retained, setting individual objectives, managing performance, developing and motivating staff, provision of formal and informal feedback and appraisal; implementing all corporate HR systems and policies to maximize subordinate and departmental performance in the pursuit of the Company business objectives.
- Create and nurture a team-based culture binding all the employees of the company to encourage motivation and retention of employees.
- Study customers’ requirements and finalize vessel specifications. Also, lead the final inspections and accept newly built and newly acquired vessels along with the company representative.
- Establish performance standards for all Company’s vessels and evaluate them periodically.
- Develop and evaluate maintenance standards for the safe and efficient utilization and availability of the Company’s fleet, minimizing downtime in line with the company’s KPIs.
- Maintain an up-to-date information service on technical developments and statutory or classification requirements affecting the Company’s fleet.
- Negotiate and oversee contracts and finalize them such as; vessel dry-docking and maintenance carried out at shipyards repair facilities to ensure repairs completed are following contract specifications and recommend approval or rejection of variations from Contract.
- Provide advice on new business including the hiring of vessels to clients, studying modifications, identifying equipment to fit onto vessels, and providing cost estimates of new investments.
- Ascertain that vessels meet and are in compliance with ISM-Code and ISO 9001-2008 standards.
- Ensure senior management team is kept fully informed on vessel status regarding availability and downtime.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Mechanical or Marine Engineering or Electronics, Electrical Engineering, or any other related discipline.
- Minimum 10 years relevant experience in boat maintenance and 5 Years Marine Engineering Experience. Detroit and MTU marine diesel engine experience.
- Good knowledge of Maintenance, Repair, and Inspection.
- Strategic vessel policy decisions.
- Managerial skills of planning, organizing, directing, and controlling.
- Deep knowledge in Project Management.
- Good analytical and problem solving
- Leadership, and good interpersonal skills
- Management of disciplinary decisions.
We thank all applicants however only those selected will be contacted.
How To Apply For Head of Engineering Job In Adexen
- Click the ‘Apply For Job’ button below.
- Follow the displayed link to proceed to the Adexen recruitment portal.
- Signup and verify your application account.
- Log into your dashboard and complete your application.
- Submit your application and await notification if shortlisted.
- The application deadline was not specified.
To apply for this job please visit www.adexen.com.