Medecins Sans Frontieres
Head of Mission Assistant Job Vacancy At Medecins Sans Frontieres
A Head of Mission Assistant job vacancy is currently available at Medecins Sans Frontieres. Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified individuals who possess all the below-listed criteria.
Job Type: Contract
Duration: 208 working hours per month
Salary: #404,332 month
Medecins Sans Frontieres is an international, independent medical humanitarian organisation that provides medical assistance to people affected by conflict, epidemics, disasters, or exclusion from healthcare.
Our teams are made up of tens of thousands of health professionals, logistic and administrative staff – most of them hired locally. Our actions are guided by medical ethics and the principles of impartiality, independence and neutrality.
- Provide support to the mission by assisting the Head of Mission in the administrative part of coordination tasks, ensuring a smooth relation with local and national authorities, contributing to the context analysis and follow-up, providing translations and interpreting to facilitate coordination tasks in the mission.
- Medical Doctor Job Vacancy At Medecins Sans Frontieres
- Deputy Medical Coordinator Job At Medecins Sans Frontieres
- Nursing Activity Manager – CTC / CTU Job At Medecins Sans Frontieres
Head of Mission Assistant Responsibilities
- Assist the HoM in the context analysis, disseminate relevant context information to the coordination team, regularly inform them on key issues, update general information on the context for MSF internal documents, and advise on cultural appropriateness of organisational activities and individual behaviours.
- Keep good knowledge of counterparts in different administrations and file field contacts (other NGO’s, UN agencies, local authorities) verifying that they are easily accessible to facilitate contacts and meetings.
- At the request of the HoM, represents MSF in meetings (NGO, official bodies, administration).
- Ensure the follow up of relevant administrative dossiers such as the MSF registration in a country, working permits, immigration policies, national protocols, etc.
- At the request of the HoM, prepare and conduct an information briefing focusing on the country context for all staff.
- Translate documents and act as an interpreter when needed.
- Manage HOM visits, meeting schedules and calendars.
Bachelor’s Degree or Higher National Diploma in Management, Public Relations, International Relations, Public Administration, Communication, Law, Social Sciences or other Liberal Arts fields.
- 2 years previous experience in humanitarian aid
- Understanding of the functioning of the different administrations of Nigeria
- Previous experience in a similar position(s) involving liaison/communication with government and/or international organizations and/or civil society.
- Essential: Fluency in English
- Desirable: Knowledge of Hausa is an asset
- Essential computer literacy (Word, Excel, Internet).
Monthly Gross salary of 404,332 (Four hundred and Four thousand, Three Hundred and Thirty-Two) Naira per month, plus 13th-month allowance equivalent to 1 month of gross salary (prorated).
How To Apply For Head of Mission Assistant Job
- Hit the ‘APPLY FOR JOB’ button below.
- Follow the displayed link to proceed to the Medecins Sans Frontieres recruitment portal.
- Fill the online application form.
- Upload the requested documents.
- Submit your application.
- Only the shortlisted candidates will be notified.
- The application deadline is 20th September.
To apply for this job please visit bit.ly.