American Company - Black Pen
Head of Software Engineering (FinTech) Job Vacancy At American Company – Black Pen
A Head of Software Engineering (FinTech) job vacancy is currently available at American Company – Black Pen. Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified individuals who possess all the below-listed criteria.
Black Pen Recruitment is South Africa’s #1 recruitment consulting firm specialised in BPO services, foreign language recruitment and staffing solutions and immigration services.
With our outstanding experience in the BPO industry and our in-house immigration division, we will find the right candidates for foreign language specialist positions as well as immigration solutions for foreign employees.
- Senior Electrical Engineer – H / F Job At American Company – Black Pen
- DevOps Team Lead (Fintech / Cryptocurrency) Job At American Company – Black Pen
- Pharmacist Job Vacancy At Reliance Health
- As the Head of Software Engineering, you will make an extremely high impact on a small, fast scaling team.
- You’ll have the ability to help build a product used by thousands of people while taking full ownership of the product.
- They are looking for someone who has experience not only with their tech stack in a successful FinTech company but also with agile methodologies and web development.
- Top candidates are clear communicators who are highly self-motivated; have an entrepreneurial and business development background who are eager to collaborate, exchange knowledge, apply new skills and pitch in for whatever the team needs to ship new code.
- Previous experience within start-up and fintech industries is highly preferred.
Head of Software Engineering (FinTech) Responsibilities
- Set technical direction and own the architecture and implementation of features
- Provide guidance and assistance in helping knock down walls and a clear path towards work completion
- Lead a group of engineers and cross-functional team members in the implementation of new and existing features
- Provide clear and concise communication regarding feature development statuses to the team and stakeholders
- Plan, supervise and manage releases for the work the squad is performing
- Empower team members – including other developers as well as Technical Support and QA – through technical mentoring, contributions to the team’s documentation, libraries, and providing automation for manual tasks where appropriate
- Define and adhere to internal coding standards, development processes, and design best practices
- Ensure quality by performing thorough testing and leveraging peer reviews for your work and the work of cross-functional teams
- Help scope, estimate, and prioritize work
- Embrace and demonstrate our values: humility, creativity, and independence
- Write and maintain clean, maintainable, and well-tested code for the future (and present) of the company’s platform
- Participate in the mandatory weekly call.
- 5+ Previous experience as Head of Engineering within financial markets
- Previous experience in the FinTech, cryptocurrency or start-up industry required
- Previous experience as Senior Full Stack Developer within financial markets
- Experience in a software development environment, with capability in back-end development and/or depth of experience with at least one modern front-end framework (React, Vue, AngularJS, etc.)
- Experience working in AWS, with a strong desire to further one’s skills
- Solid experience with Vue.JS, NodeJS and Flutter
- Experience driving technical projects, prioritizing work, identifying dependencies, facilitating technical decisions and cross-functional team discussions
- Experienced in designing and implementing application architectures and code that are highly scalable, available, maintainable, and performant
- Ability to work independently while also emphasizing mentorship of those around you
- Comfortable collaborating closely with product managers and designers, providing estimates or product ideas that will influence your team’s roadmap
- Being a thoughtful communicator – some teams are partially or fully distributed so effective written communication is key.
How To Apply For Head of Software Engineering (FinTech) Job
- Hit the ‘APPLY FOR JOB’ button below.
- Follow the displayed link to proceed to the American Company – Black Pen recruitment portal.
- Complete the online application portal.
- Apply and await notification if shortlisted.
- The application deadline was not specified.
To apply for this job please visit blackpenrecruitment.zohorecruit.com.