Ekiti State Internal Revenue Service (EKIRS)
Head, Tax Investigation Job Vacancy At Ekiti State Internal Revenue Service (EKIRS)
A Head, Tax Investigation job vacancy is currently available at Ekiti State Internal Revenue Service (EKIRS). Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified individuals.
- Head, Enforcement Job At Ekiti State Internal Revenue Service (EKIRS)
- Head, Direct Assessment Job At Ekiti State Internal Revenue Service (EKIRS)
- Head, Human Resources Job At Ekiti State Internal Revenue Service (EKIRS)
Duties and Responsibilities
- Receive briefs from the tax audit unit and design processes and procedures to be followed to investigate the activities, records, and assets of any taxpayer suspected of evading taxes.
- To establish a scientific and systematic approach to determine if a taxpayer is evading tax or involved in other fraudulent activities.
- Gather sufficient evidence in the course of investigations to support the prosecution of an erring taxpayer
- To manage team members, and with the support of the HR unit ensure they are adequately equipped to deliver on their tasks
- Interface with the tax audit, Head of Legal and Enforcement units to ensure the best results
- At every opportunity, leverage technology and the Revenue’s database in performing tasks
- For the team; Communicate job expectations and monitor performance in line with HR policies.
- Ensure all key processes within the unit are properly documented, key risk areas identified, and mitigating controls are put in place and constantly monitored.
- Any other task that may be assigned by the Director, Tax & Compliance.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or a related field
- ICAN ACCA or its equivalent.
- CITN would be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 7 years cognate experience in the audit practise (at least two of which have been in a lead role).
- At least two years in tax practice with working experience in PIT administration.
- Very strong analytical skills.
- Good interpersonal skills Proficient in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
How To Apply For Head, Tax Investigation Job
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV and Application Letter with a heading indicating the job being applied for to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
- The Revenue is looking to engage highly motivated and goal-oriented staff who meet the criteria as stated in the job descriptions attached.
- Shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview(s) which may be virtual or physical, towards making a final selection.