Alliance for International Medical Action (ALIMA)
HR Manager Job Vacancy At Alliance for International Medical Action (ALIMA)
HR Manager job vacancy is currently available at Alliance for International Medical Action (ALIMA). Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified individuals who possess all the below-listed criteria.
- Store-Keeper Job At Alliance for International Medical Action (ALIMA)
- 2022 Talent Pool Recruitment Programme – Finance (Experienced Professionals) Job At Society for Family Health (SFH)
The Alliance for International Medical Action (ALIMA) is an international medical organization, founded in 2009. ALIMA’s aim is to provide a high standard of healthcare in situations of emergency or medical disaster and to improve the practice of humanitarian medicine by developing innovative projects associated with medical research.
ALIMA in NIGERIA
The humanitarian crisis in Nigeria’s northeast and the Lake Chad region is one of the most severe ongoing crises in the world, now entering its ninth year and showing no sign of abating.
In 2021, at least 8.7 million people need urgent humanitarian assistance in the worst-affected states of Borno, Adamawa and Yobe. Up to 5.1 million people risk being critically food insecure during the next lean season (June – August 2021), a level similar to 2016-2017 when famine was looming over Borno State
Nigeria is now facing a second wave of COVID-19 infections. Borno, Adamawa, Yobe states have recorded new cases. Aid actors are intensifying actions and prevention measures
Despite challenges including humanitarian space reduction, aid workers had already provided around 5 million people with life-saving assistance in Borno, Adamawa and Yobe states in 2020.
Conflict, explosive remnants of war and insecurity have cut people off from their main means of livelihoods-farming and fishing. This causes major food insecurity in northeast Nigeria, which COVID-19’s effects on incomes have exacerbated: despite good crop yields, food insecurity is rising.
Findings of the October 2020 Cadre Harmonize (CH) analysis projected that about 5.1 million people in the three states will be food-insecure in the lean season between June and August 2021 – a 19% and 34% increase in 2020 (after COVID-19 June CH Update) and 2019 figures respectively.
According to the Nutrition and Food Security Surveillance Round 9, conducted in October 2020, the level of acute malnutrition increased in all three states compared to 2019. Global acute malnutrition (GAM) rates of 10.7% were recorded in Borno, 7.5% in Adamawa and 13.6% in Yobe.
According to the survey, several LGAs had high pockets of global acute malnutrition of above the 15% threshold (emergency phase), including Gubio, Magumeri, Mobbar and Bayo in Borno State and all LGAs in northern Yobe.
Movement restrictions and insecurity continue to hamper the ability of IDPs, returnees and the host communities to access basic services, livelihoods, and land for farming and grazing. This means that more people will rely on humanitarian aid to survive in 2021.
In 2017, ALIMA continued to implement projects in Muna Garage in Jere LGA, where ALIMA performs general consultations for children under 5 and provides Sexual and Reproductive Health (SRH) to pregnant and lactating women (antenatal and postnatal consultations).
An Outpatient Therapeutic Feeding Program (OTP) is also available for children under 5 suffering from severe acute malnutrition (SAM) in the clinic, where women and caretakers are trained to screen their children for malnutrition using the MUAC tape.
In Maiduguri MC, where ALIMA is working in partnership with the University of Maiduguri Teaching Hospital (UMTH), the Inpatient Therapeutic Feeding Center (ITFC) manages children under 5 suffering from SAM with medical complications in a 50-bed capacity building.
In December 2020, ALIMA conducted a needs assessment survey in the north of Yobe where a high level of acute malnutrition was recorded by the nutrition sector.
The results of this survey prompted ALIMA to open a nutrition and health project covering the Kasasuwa LGA, one of the most affected LGAs and where there was a gap. This project started in May 2021 and funded by ECHO aims to support Karasuwa health facilities and improve access to nutrition and health services including paediatrics healthcare and reproductive health.
ALIMA also support COVID-19 vaccination in Borno and Yobe with a focus on the most vulnerable.
In parallel, ALIMA is opening an emergency nutrition project in Katsina state and is present in Owo state since 2018 for Lassa fever response and research.
MISSION AND MAIN ACTIVITIES
- The HR Manager supervises the HR and administrative operations of the Borno Mission Office (179 staff) and its component projects. Ensures the implementation of ALIMA policies and procedures in human resources management and administration in the projects.
- The Post holder will be visiting all ALIMA projects, Muna and ITFC in UMTH, Yobe, Owo, Katsina as well as in any other locations that ALIMA may have field operations in the future.
HR Manager Function & Responsibilities
- Under the supervision of the HR, the Coordinator ensures technical and Administrative Management of the Mission’s Human Resources and implementation of Alima HR Policies, procedures and internal regulations rules
- Implements the human resources management component of the ALIMA, BORNO MISSION Strategic Plan;
- Ensures that best practice in human resources management is available for and applied to all ALIMA personnel;
- Ensures that personnel contracts are fair and compliant with both ALIMA and BORNO MISSION national standards;
- Participate in disciplinary procedures to ensure legal compliance and clear documentation
- With the support of the HR Coordinator and feedback from the bases, identify the challenges and gaps in HR policies and their implementation
- Support in the development of new policies
- Support HRCO to review the mission Internal Regulations annually, ensuring that it is compliant with ALIMA, local labour and tax laws.
Recruitment, On-boarding and Off-boarding
- Ensure that personnel recruitment, induction, performance appraisals, contract compliance and renewals, and exits are correctly managed in line with ALIMA standards;
- Handle the planning, recruitment, selection, briefing/debriefing and well-being of all national staff including related administrative processes.
- Ensure that all staff have valid, job contracts, job descriptions, a complete physical updated file and properly reported to the Government agencies.
- Ensure timely and correct payment of national staff according to national labour law and ALIMA guidelines, including timely payment of Staff Social Security, income tax or other taxes as required by Labour law.
- Participates in the briefing and debriefing of expatriates and ensure the onboarding or off-boarding process is completed
- Employee Development and Performance Management
- Coaches, performance manages the HR staff,
- Ensures the regular review and appropriate application of levels of personnel financial compensation and benefits;
- Ensure that an annual HR development plan is updated quarterly
- Ensures the appropriate training and development of personnel;
- Ensure the correct application of ALIMA policies that relate to personal behaviour and policy compliance;
- Ensures communication with all staff, as appropriate, on HR and administration matters that affect them;
- Works closely with, and seek guidelines and support from the HR Coordinator.
- Staff, Safety, Health And Working Environment
- Ensure that obligations are met in terms of Hygiene, Safety and working conditions in compliance with the occupational health and safety policy;
Maintain HR Files/Records
- Ensures that standard personnel data is stored appropriately, updated in a timely fashion, and is available as required;
- Maintaining systematic HR databases and filing systems (incl. staff lists, leave register etc.) and technical referent of Homere Management
- Ensure that all the absences are properly monitored Homere is updated on all the absence and all documentation are filled properly
- Collect and review all data used for processing monthly salary, control payroll and slips
- Control the payroll from HOMERE and ensure all the backups are done and filed monthly
- Ensure all the national staff are enrolled and have their pension PIN, TIN Number and NHF and follow up with Finance for payment taxes, social security, pension, national house fund and other charges
- In charge of the production of annual statement of taxes remittances to all coordination team and ensure some practice is done in the project
- Performance Management and learning and development
- Undertake professional development initiatives and take initiative for career growth.
- Keep a record of Performance Objectives Plans for National staff and update the HRCO monthly on POP in collaboration with project Admin Manager
- In collaboration with the project, Admin Manager make sure all the performance reviews are done according to ALIMA policies for all National staff
- Support the HR Coordinator on the implementation and development of the training plan
Reporting, Data and Communication
- Coordinate the planning, recruitment, selection, briefing/debriefing and well-being of all national staff including related administrative processes
- Ensure timely and correct payment of national staff according to national labour law and ALIMA guidelines, including timely payment of Staff Social Security, income tax or other taxes as required by labour law.
- Responsible for compilation and verification of project and coordination monthly report before submission to the HR Coordinator
- Contribute to the HR Monthly HR Sitrep
- Support the finance department and each base to prepare the HR portion of internal and external audits.
- Support the movement assistant on all international movement and Visa request and renewal for all Expat
- Ensure all the local movements are managed properly by the movement assistant
- Keep a record for all break documentation for Expat
- Expats management/administration
- Make Sure all the boarding passes are collected photocopy and filled in ex-pat each file
- Qualifications et requirement
- Implementation of prevention measures against abuse of power, gender-based and sexual violence:
- Ensures that his/her team, partners and community members are aware of ALIMA’s policy and have access to information (complaint escalation mechanism, focal point…).
- Facilitates the organization of training and awareness sessions
- Implements standards related to the prevention of abuse of power, gender-based violence and sexual violence.
- Ensures that team members and partners involved in the project (Ministry of Health, national partners, etc.) follow training and awareness sessions and apply the rules for preventing abuse.
- Contributes to creating and maintaining a nurturing and protective environment for his/her team, community members and project partners.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management, Administration, Business Management, or other related fields and a professional HR qualification.
- A Master’s degree in any of the above is preferable.
- Proven track record in human resources administration and management;
- 4- years of professional experience in human resources management with an International NGO
- Knowledge of the institutional, legal and policy framework of employment and HR management in Nigeria.
- Professional-level competency in English orally and in writing.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented and able to work under pressure.
- Disciplined, rigorous, self-motivated and able to set and meet deadlines and work autonomously
- Capacity for analysis, synthesis and reporting of large amounts of information
- Proven skills in administration and management of human resources;
- Demonstrated experience in applying human resources management protocols;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, and a good understanding of human relationships;
- Good guidance, counselling and negotiation skills, at all levels;
- Good teamwork skills;
- Adherence to ALIMA Charter.
- Knowledge of HOMERE is an Asset
How To Apply For HR Manager Job
- Submit online your Cover letter, CV with colour picture and qualifications with contact details all in the same files, to ALIMA’s recruitment email email@example.com
- Applications are processed in the order of arrival and we reserve the right to close the offer before the term initially indicated if a good application is successful. Only full applications will be taken into account. Only accepted applications will be contacted.
- Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- The application deadline is 30th January.
- Only successful applicants will be called for interviews.
- No monetary transactions, neither demands of favours in kind, nor other types of favouritism will be tolerated in the recruitment process.