Medecins Sans Frontieres
IECHP Manager – CTC / CTU Job Vacancy At Medecins Sans Frontieres
IECHP Manager – CTC / CTU job vacancy is currently available at Medecins Sans Frontieres. Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified individuals who possess all the below-listed criteria.
Job Type: Contract
Duration: 1 month fixed term
Salary: #450,000 monthly
Medecins Sans Frontieres is an international, independent medical humanitarian organisation that provides medical assistance to people affected by conflict, epidemics, disasters, or exclusion from healthcare.
Our teams are made up of tens of thousands of health professionals, logistic and administrative staff – most of them hired locally. Our actions are guided by medical ethics and the principles of impartiality, independence and neutrality.
- Deputy Medical Coordinator Job At Medecins Sans Frontieres
- Nursing Activity Manager – CTC / CTU Job At Medecins Sans Frontieres
- Janitorial Cleaning Operations Manager Job At Klinserv Solution Limited
IECHP Manager – CTC / CTU Responsibilities
- Defining, coordinating and monitoring all the IEC( Information, Education, Communication) Health Promotion activities in the project and promoting MSF services according to MSF principles, protocols and standards to increase the knowledge of the target population around their health, the support of preventive activities and the collaboration to improve the services
- Defining and updating the HP/IEC strategy and related activities through an annual project and budget plan (objectives, target population, campaigns, messages, activities, specific actions, etc.).
- Assessing knowledge of the target group on health risk and analyzing the context (local culture, traditions, habits, health perception) to adapt health activities and support the social mapping (villages, populations, actors), Identifying indicators to monitor HP activities results and achievement and using the concrete tools to measure and follow up those activities.
- Assessing, developing and adapting IEC/HP materials according to the needs of the project. Ensuring content and format have been pre-tested with target groups to ensure the adequacy, relevance, full understanding of the messages. Leading focus-group discussions with target groups to ensure the adequacy, relevance, broadcasting and full awareness of the messages, ensuring they are worded pedagogically.
- Liaising with other relevant actors (national and international NGO’s, authorities) also involved in prevention activities, analyzing interventions and building cooperative relationships and advocacy, to enhance the influence of the campaigns and messages and to improve awareness among the targeted population;
- Ensuring regular collaboration and coordination with the MSF medical team, to guarantee that the HP is part of medical activities and contribute to the medical objectives of the project.
- Knowing protocol(s) for Sexually Gender-Based Violence (SGBV) and ensuring its application. Identifies possible victims of SGBV and referring them to the medical team for treatment according to the protocol(s).
- Supervising the IEC/HP team and their activities, in and outside health facilities, reporting difficulties and progress as well as adapting format and content when necessary. Planning and supervising the HR associated processes (recruitment, training, evaluation, development and internal communication) of the IEC / HP staff of the project. This will be done in close coordination with the HR department, the administration manager and project coordinator and according to MSF vision, values and procedures. Ensuring that HP/IEC participates in counselling services when needed, especially including Prevention Parent to Child Transmission (PPTCT) and Voluntary Counseling and Testing (VTC).
- Participating in the monthly reports according to guidelines (SitReps, statistical reports, etc.)
- Essential, University Degree in Social Sciences, Social Communication, Health Promotion or related studies.
- 2 – 5 years of work experience.
- Essential, working experience in related jobs (health promotion, project coordination, social research), preferably with MSF.
- Experience in qualitative research is a plus.
- Mission Language essential; Local Working Language Desirable.
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel and internet).
- Commitment to MSF Principles, Behaviour Flexibility, People Management and Development, Result and Quality Orientation, Teamwork and Cooperation.
How To Apply For IECHP Manager – CTC / CTU
- Hit the ‘APPLY FOR JOB’ button below.
- Follow the displayed link to proceed to the Medecins Sans Frontieres recruitment portal.
- Fill the online application form.
- Upload the requested documents.
- Submit your application.
- Only the shortlisted candidates will be notified.
- The application deadline is 10th September.
To apply for this job please visit bit.do.