UN World Food Programme
Information Management Officer – Food Security Sector (NOC) Maiduguri (143789) Job At UN World Food Programme
Information Management Officer – Food Security Sector (NOC) Maiduguri (143789) job vacancy is currently available at UN World Food Programme. Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified individuals who possess all the below-listed criteria.
In Nigeria, the Food Security Sector aims to support the existing Government structure to ensure a more coherent and effective response, by mobilizing groups of government and non-government organizations to respond strategically across all key sectors or areas of activity, with each sector having a clearly designated lead.
Humanitarian actors who participate as members in the Food Security Sector (FSS) are expected to be proactive partners in assessing needs, developing strategies and plans for the sector, and implementing agreed priority activities. Provisions should also be made in sectoral groups for those humanitarian actors who may wish to participate as observers, mainly for information-sharing purposes.
The FSS provides an action-oriented forum for bringing together the Government and Non-Government humanitarian partners, to improve the timeliness and impact of appropriate humanitarian food security assistance to food insecure populations and communities in North-Eastern Nigeria (Adamawa, Borno, and the Yobe States).
The Food Security Sector (FSS) in Nigeria is led by the Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development (MOARD) at the Federal level and the respective Ministries of Agriculture and Natural Resources (MANR) at the State level. The Food Security Sector is Co-led by the United Nations Food and Agricultural Organizations and the World Food Programme.
We are looking for Information Management Officer – Food Security Sector (NOC) Maiduguri (143789) to play a vital role in collecting, analyzing, and sharing data information that is important for the Sector partners and stakeholders to make informed (evidence-based) decisions on the needs and gaps of affected populations to inform preparedness and planning. As such, he/she needs to be able to liaise and communicate with diverse partners.
The IMO is expected to provide overall support to the FSS including assessments, preparedness and response planning processes, implementation, projections and documenting lessons learned. The IMO also provides support on Capacity Building to partners.
The Information Management Officer directly reports to the Food Security Sector coordinator under the general supervision of the DCD Operations
The Information Management Officer is expected to coordinate closely with fellow FSS Sector Information Management Officers and other Sectors.
- Programme Associate (In-Kind) SC6 Damaturu (144641) Job At UN World Food Programme
- Programme Associate (Cash Based Transfer) SC6 Damaturu × 2 Openings (144630) Job At UN World Food Programme
- Logistics Associate Geographic Information Systems & Information Management(GIS & IM) SC7, Maiduguri (144742) Job At UN World Food Programme
Information Management Officer – Food Security Sector (NOC) Maiduguri (143789) Key Responsibilities
- Contribute to the formulation of wide programme policies in line with both organizational strategy and the practical realities of operating in the field; or translate programme policy into Regional/Country level practices. Developing programme guidance and implementation modalities and operations, to ensure a clear and strong connection between HQ and field operations.
- Provide technical advice or mobilize technical expertise on programme and policy issues including assessment and analysis, the choice of objectives, activities, transfer modalities and appropriate food products, the deployment and testing of innovative approaches and the development of strategies to support government efforts to reduce hunger and malnutrition.
- Assist counterparts in governments and other partners in identifying where food assistance can be usefully employed and provide support and technical expertise for the planning, formulation and implementation of moderately complex food assistance programmes to strengthen government and community ownership and effectiveness of food security and nutrition programmes at national and sub-national levels.
- Establish and maintain operational partnerships to identify opportunities for collaborative approaches and initiatives that improve assistance packages and support advocacy work.
- Manage operational research and evidence building on issues relevant to food assistance.
- Manage the preparation and dissemination of timely analytical and critical reports, publications, and a variety of information products or proposals for internal or external use.
- Lead, motivate and develop a team of staff to enable high performance.12. Ensure the best use of assigned financial resources for the achievement of set objectives within a moderate budget.
- Contribute to Country Office Emergency Preparedness i.e. early warning, risk analysis, and contingency planning to respond to humanitarian crises and needs.
- Provide advice and support to COs on moderately complex issues
- A Bachelor or master’s degree in Information Management and Communication
- Minimum of 5-10 years experience in information management in the humanitarian context
- Willingness and ability to work in difficult environments, in often stressful/critical situations
- Willingness to work in the field, as and when required
- Fluent in spoken and written English Language
- Cultural and Gender awareness and sensitivity
- Basic understanding of Food Security and Livelihoods programming
Terms and Conditions
- Only Nigerian Nationals are or candidates who have valid Nigerian residence and work permits are eligible to apply for this position
- Applications are to be submitted and received online and in the English language only.
- The contract is 12 months on a Fixed Term level, with the possibility of renewal.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Canvassing is strictly prohibited. Canvassing of any sort will lead to automatic disqualification of the concerned applicant.
How To Apply For Information Management Officer – Food Security Sector (NOC) Maiduguri (143789) Job
- Follow the ‘APPLY FOR JOB’ button below.
- Follow the displayed link to proceed to the UN World Food Programme recruitment portal.
- Create and verify an account on the portal.
- Complete the online application form accurately.
- Upload the appropriate document.
- Submit your application and await notification if shortlisted for further processes.
- The application deadline is 9th August.
Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate based on HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.
To apply for this job please visit career5.successfactors.eu.