Creative Associates International
Information Technology (IT) Manager Job Vacancy At Creative Associates International
An Information Technology (IT) Manager job vacancy is currently available at Creative Associates International. Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified individuals.
- Student Learning & Curriculum Advisor Job At Creative Associates International
- Launching State Regional Advisor Job At Creative Associates International
- State Policy Reform Advisor Job At Creative Associates International
Creative Associates International is a fast-growing, social impact company that specializes in the areas of education, economic growth, democratic transitions, and stabilization in post-conflict environments. Based in Chevy Chase, Maryland, this global development organization has a field presence in more than 25 countries and a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department. Since its founding in 1977 by four enterprising women, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike. Creative Associates International has been working in Nigeria for more than a decade to support education programs in Nigeria.
Funded by the U.S. Agency for International Development and in close partnership with federal partners and select Nigeria States (designated as legacy [Bauchi and Sokoto], launching and technical assistance), the five-year Leveraging Education Assistance Resources in Nigeria (LEARN) project will support sustainable improvements in reading outcomes for first and second-grade pupils. The goal of LEARN is to strengthen and scale early grade reading (EGR) best practices by ensuring that standards-based, context-appropriate assessment, materials, training, and administrative supports needed to improve literacy skills for P1-2 pupils are embedded within the federal policy, funding, and monitoring frameworks, and state and local authorities have the implementation protocols, capacity, and resources to carry out and sustain standards-based, data-driven EGR reform. The project objective is to instil ownership in and build the capacity of school-community, local, state, and federal systems to establish a base for adequate, consistent data-driven funding, monitoring and performance that increase the equity, inclusion, and wellbeing necessary to achieve sustained EGR gains. LEARN will therefore be building on lessons learned from prior Nigeria reading programs to introduce a flexible, cost-efficient EGR intervention model that can be tailored to state contexts.
The IT Manager will provide technical set-up and needed support on all IT-related issues, including installation and testing of workstations, printers, client software, upgrades, and configuration. Some travel is expected.
REPORTING & SUPERVISION
The IT Manager reports to the Senior Operations Manager in Abuja.
- Implement and document network operations, processes, and procedures.
- Deploy and implement office network according to Home Office specifications.
- Serve as the office Network Administrator. Identify and solve possible problems in the network. Supervise installations performed by third parties, such as cabling and internet connection.
- Supervise and follow up on equipment maintenance performed by other contractors. Provide daily support to the Abuja office and troubleshoot users. Implement and enforce security on the network and prevent misuse of IT resources. Participate in writing IT office policy. Responsible for IT inventory. Work closely with the DCOP and procurement team to monitor the distribution and location of IT equipment by performing a yearly inventory check-up.
- Set up, implement, and maintain hardware firewalls. Keep the network healthy by applying all required security patches and monitoring the correct delivery of all antivirus updates. Implement and document a disaster recovery plan and offsite storage of backed-up data.
- Manage and follow up the execution of all IT tasks inside the project (workflows and processes);
- Supervise and manage the day-to-day activities of the IT team
- Establishes system specifications by conferring with users, analyzing workflow, access, information, and security requirements, and designing system infrastructure for both project and grantees.
- Establishes system by planning and executing the selection, installation, configuration, and testing of PC and server hardware, software, LAN, and WAN networks, and operating and system management systems, defining system, operational policies and procedures.
- Maintains system performance by performing system monitoring and analysis, and performance tuning; troubleshooting system hardware, software, networks and operating and system management systems; designing and escalating application problems to vendors.
- Support day-to-day users’ requests and concerns for both software and hardware. Training staff on new technology available in the facility. Ensure timely and accurate delivery of technology products and services.
- Requesting new staff emails from HQ for newly joined staff. Configuring and troubleshooting the new email accounts for staff.
- Oversee and maintain the internet connection for the offices and residences and also follow up with internet payment.
- Negotiate contracts and purchases with vendors for software, hardware, and internet services.
- Install and configure software and hardware.
- Preserves assets by implementing disaster recovery and backup procedures and information security and control structures.
- Requesting software licenses and hardware from HQ
- Upgrades install, and troubleshoots networks, networking hardware devices and servers’ software.
- Maintaining an inventory of all IT-related equipment and parts as well as documentation and license provided by HQ or local vendors
- Seeks ways to apply new technology to help and ease up staff tasks.
- Purchasing ink cartridges for all the printers at the office and residence
- Configuring and maintaining the telephone system at the office and the residences
- Meets financial requirements by submitting information for budgets, and monitoring expenses.
- Protecting the organization’s information confidential/material.
- Perform IT department management of IT initiatives.
- Consults with program/operation management for appropriate technical solutions to help them perform their tasks more efficiently.
- Advice on options, risks, costs vs. benefits, impact on new technologies implemented and systems
- Printing and configuring ID cards and maintaining the access control system
- Maintain and troubleshoot the CCTV system for offices and residences
- Troubleshooting and upgrading smartphones and BlackBerrys for STTA and staff at the project.
- Performs other related duties as assigned
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Undergraduate degree in ICT, information systems, or related field required; master’s degree preferred.
- At least six years of experience relevant to this position are required, with at least four years in IT systems management.
- Certification in CompTIA Network + and its equivalent is an added advantage.
- At least three years of supervisory experience with groups or teams of staff are required.
- Previous experience working on USAID-funded projects preferred.
- Advanced proficiency in spoken and written English is required.
- Fluency in oral and written English is required.
- Only finalists will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
Only finalists will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
Creative Associates International Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer (gender/race/disability/veteran) and provides equal opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, colour, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
Please view Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
How To Apply For Information Technology (IT) Manager Job
- Hit the ‘APPLY FOR JOB’ button below.
- Follow the displayed link to proceed to the Creative Associates International recruitment portal.
- Complete the online application form and submit it.
- The application deadline is 30th June 2022
To apply for this job please visit global-creative.icims.com.