Integrated Human Resources Information System (iHRIS) Consultancy Job Vacancy At Banyan Global
An Integrated Human Resources Information System (iHRIS) Consultancy job vacancy is currently available at Banyan Global. Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified individuals who possess all the below-listed criteria.
Banyan Global is a development consulting firm, founded on the principle that integrating expertise and experience from the development community and private sector will achieve a broad and lasting impact.
Our unique team comprises seasoned private sector and international development professionals. Headquartered in Washington, D.C., Banyan Global maintains staff around the world. Banyan Global is a women-owned small business
- Scholarship Program Management Consultancy Job At Banyan Global
- Workload Indicators of Staffing Needs (WISN) Consultant Job At Banyan Global
- Care and Treatment Specialist Job At Center for Clinical Care and Clinical Research
Nigeria Health Workforce Management (HWM) Activity
Workload Indicators of Staffing Needs (WISN) Consultant
BG Laurel International Nigeria LTE/GTE is an owned subsidiary of Banyan Global, Inc, a woman-owned small business and international development consulting firm committed to improving livelihoods through market approaches for a broad and lasting impact.
The firm is headquartered in Washington, DC and has program operations and activities in over fifteen countries around the world. Banyan Global operates within six practice areas: gender, youth, finance and investment, enterprise development, health, and evaluation and learning.
Banyan Global is the prime recipient of the Nigeria Health Workforce Management (HWM) Activity in Nigeria. The HWM Activity is a five-year task order to support the establishment of a cost-effective, well-trained, and motivated health workforce, particularly in targeted rural and remote areas of Bauchi, Ebonyi, Kebbi, and the Sokoto States and the Federal Capital Territory (FCT).
By its conclusion, HWM is expected to increase the production of new health workers competent to respond to current and future population health needs in these locations by 100,000; improve the distribution and skill mix of front-line workers to meet specific local demands, and strengthen the capacity of pre-service institutions to adopt and apply innovative education approaches.
Targeted interventions will contribute to 1) improved management of maternal, child, and newborn health conditions and 2) increased responsiveness to community health needs. USAID will support the Government of Nigeria’s (GON’s) commitment to planning, recruiting, training, managing, and retaining its primary health care (PHC) workforce.
This activity will contribute to the achievement of USAID/Nigeria’s Country Development Cooperation Strategy (CDCS) Development Objective 2 “a healthier, more educated population in targeted states” and Intermediate Result (IR) 2.1 “Utilization of quality health services in targeted areas and population groups increased.”
The iHRIS Consultancy is based in Abuja and reports to the HWM Technical Director.
This position will provide technical expertise to design and deploy the integrated Human Resources Information System (iHRIS) for four states including the FCT. The iHRIS design and deployment must be interoperable with the Federal Ministry of Health managed National Health Workforce Registry (NHWR).
Integrated Human Resources Information System (iHRIS) Consultancy Responsibilities
S/No Tasks LOE
- Facilitate successful implementation of iHRIS in the 4 + 1 states
- Configure iHRIS for local installation on 5 computers in the 4 + 1 States. The iHRIS must be interoperable and mirror the data structure of the NHWR by the Federal Ministry of Health (FMOH) for intermittent data migration/synchronization
- Create the relevant user-rights as spelt out in the national registry Standard Operating Procedure or as preferred by the various States
- Configure local instances of iHRIS so that they are accessible over a Local Area Network
- Develop an applicable user manual 25 days
- Deploy functional local instances of iHRIS
- Install local instances of iHRIS on 5 computers in the 4 + 1 States
- Migrate existing data into the new instances
- Implement relevant user rights
- Develop and build in a relevant backup mechanism for automated local and cloud storage 10 days
- Train HRH desk officers and HWM personnel
- Make all five instances functional by importing existing data into them
- Train HRH desk officers and relevant HWM staff on the use and management of the system 5 days
- Provide need-based technical assistance for the institutionalization of the system 10 days
Total LOE 60 Days
- By the conclusion of the consultancy, the consultant will submit the following deliverables:
- Process report that includes the key learning and recommendations for sustaining the use of the system
- Fully functional iHRIS in four states and the FCT
- Report of training conducted
- iHRIS user manual
The Consultant reports to the HWM Technical Director but works primarily with the HWM HRIS Advisor, HWM State staff, and the Departments of Planning, Research and Statistics (DPRSs) in the State Ministries of Health (SMOHs) and the FCT Health Secretariat.
- Minimum of a degree in sciences, social sciences, engineering, or related field though master’s degree more preferable.
- Past work experience on national or state registries involving iHRIS
Timing and Level of Effort
The expected period of performance for this assignment is 60 days between April and the end before August 31, 2022.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their current CV listing all work experience and qualifications and a Cover Letter to: email@example.com
Please reference the job title and location on the subject line, your Cover Letter and your resume/CV.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The application deadline is 20th March 2022.