Intern, Software Engineering Job Vacancy At EHA Clinics
An Intern, Software Engineering job vacancy is currently available at EHA Clinics. Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified individuals.
- Software Engineer Job Vacancy At EHA Clinics
- Steward Job Vacancy At EHA Clinics
- Senior Business Analyst Job At EHA Clinics
eHealth Africa is focused on improving healthcare by creating effective ways to implement reliable health information management systems. We have developed eHealth and mHealth solutions that can be rapidly deployed to manage patient information, streamline clinical procedures, and provide data and analysis on health program outcomes.
Accurate health data will provide NGOs, hospitals, and donor agencies with access to timely health system indicators needed to evaluate their health interventions and respond to critical public health needs. We bring about positive change by harnessing the potential of technology, valuing the power and knowledge of local people, and maintaining a sharp focus on the health worker.
To help close the gap in access to health care we have developed and share a depth of expertise in eHealth and mHealth software and solutions Technology Infrastructure Training and capacity building for sustainable health systems Research and data analysis Project Management eHealth Africa works closely with health NGOs to provide them with technology solutions that will enhance their on-going and new health programs. We also strive to work with state and government officials to manage large-scale implementations at health facilities across the country. eHealth and Information Systems Africa, Inc. is a California, USA Public Service Corporation. We have offices based in California, USA, and Kano, Nigeria.
Purpose of the Position
- The intern will work with the informatics team of EHACLINICS to build and manage enterprise systems under the mentorship of senior engineers who will coach you on development best practices.
- Adequate metrics and records are put together in collaboration with all departments to ensure projects and initiatives are monitored effectively to achieve EHA Clinics’ goals.
Description of Tasks
The intern must have sufficient knowledge of at least one programming language preferable python and is expected to:
- Take ownership of products under the supervision of a Senior Engineer
- Be a collaborative member of the team
- Have a deep understanding of data structure and algorithm
- Will be part of a scrum team and have some knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle
- Ability to write clean code
- Some knowledge of unit testing
- Experience working with a virtualization system is an added advantage but is not required
- Complete necessary reports and documentation
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the line manager.
- Any other tasks assigned by the Management.
Duration and dedication:
- Six months, with the possibility of an extension.- Dedication: 40 hours/ week (Monday – Friday)
- The intern will work under the supervision of the Program Manager, Community Health.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or any such related field will be preferred.
- Graduates of tertiary institutions and National Youth Service Corps members can apply.
- This is an intern position and as such, minimal experience is required.
- The Candidate must have worked with at least one programming language.
Skills to be developed:
- This position will expose you to developing and managing enterprise systems which include our EMR, ERP, and mobile application
- You will build skills in software development best practices and documentation
- You will be part of an agile team and will interact with Senior Engineers, UI/UX designers, Quality assurance engineers
- We’ll expose you to our various tech stacks – flutter, python, java, odoo, kibana, elastic search, firebase, postgre, Kubernetes, etc
- As an intern, you will take part in cutting-edge technology and other activities and projects that contribute to bringing solutions to health challenges in Nigeria. Tasks are to be developed professionally and efficiently, focusing on results and delivering high-quality products.
- The diversity of our team means that you will find yourself working in multicultural teams with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures who have wide perspectives, experiences, expectations as well as approaches.
- Knowledge of the region’s political, socioeconomic, and cultural dynamics will be gained. You will also gain a first-hand perception of the day-to-day working environment of EHA Clinics. You will be given a real chance to work with our team of outstanding and inspiring career professionals and senior managers.
- Within the organization, you might have the chance to be exposed to conferences, participate in meetings, and contribute to analytical work as well as on-the-ground projects. Upon the successful conclusion of the assignment, will provide a certificate for the interns that fulfil their commitments with integrity, professionalism, and respect for diversity.
- Upon completion of the internship, the intern shall produce a comprehensive report that explains what they have learned within the internship period and how that impacts their career journey and do a presentation to EHA Clinics. The intern will produce a story to communicate the result of the analysis.
Salary and Other Information
- This is an unpaid position, however, a monthly stipend of Forty Thousand Naira (₦40,000) only will be provided for transportation and feeding allowances. All other costs related to living expenses MUST be borne by the intern. The intern will have to make his or her arrangements for travel, accommodation, and incidents.
- Health Insurance: EHA Clinics will provide health insurance coverage during your period of internship.
- Confidentiality: You have to be discreet and keep confidential any unpublished information obtained during the internship and do not publish any reports or papers based on such information.
How To Apply For Intern, Software Engineering Job
- Hit the ‘APPLY FOR JOB’ button below.
- Follow the displayed link to proceed to the EHA Clinics recruitment portal.
- Complete the online application form and submit your application.
- The application deadline was not specified.
To apply for this job please visit www.eha.ng.