Lagos University Teaching Hospital
Internal Auditor Job Recruitment At LUTH
Application is invited from the suitably qualified individuals for the vacant position of Internal Auditor in the department of Advanced Medical Services at the Lagos University Teaching Hospital (LUTH).
Interested individuals should weigh through the below-listed job responsibilities and requirements for eligibility before proceeding to the LUTH Internal Auditor application procedure.
This job holder will be based in either Kano or our Lagos Center. S/he will be responsible for checking compliance to rules and regulation, auditing of processes and procedures as well as and ensuring risks related to the Centre are adequately identified and managed.
To evaluate how well risks are identified and managed and more specifically to ensure compliance to rules and regulation and recommend corrective actions to improve operations, enhance internal controls and reduce costs where possible.
- Work with the organizations unit lead to review the existing Internal Control in line with the rules and regulations;
- Develop risk-based annual audit plans detailing the scope, nature, and timing of audit activities in conjunction with the Finance Manager;
- Working with HR to advise management on the resourcing requirements for the Internal Audit function, including any potential outsourcing arrangements;
- Conduct internal audits to assess the adequacy, effectiveness, and efficiency of the established internal controls and procedures;
- Identify key areas of risk within the organization and propose appropriate controls to mitigate the risks;
- Prepare audit reports in line with the approved audit plan
- Monitor the timely implementation of the management actions recommended in the audit reports
- Provide senior management with an opinion on the adequacy, effectiveness, and efficiency of the internal controls in the project
- Assist the development of an internal control culture;
- Monitor the trends and developments in the internal audit area
- Conduct ad-hoc investigations and reviews as requested by the organizations’ senior management
- Participate in the external auditor’s meetings
- Liaise with the external auditor on internal control issues
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Ability to multi-task
- Demonstrate professionalism towards sensitive and confidential information.
- Excellent communication, organizational skills (both internally, and to external associates;
- Knowledge of risk-based internal auditing
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a readiness to take initiative to resolve issues
- Build effective working relationships and provide advice at all levels
- Fluent English with effective communication and listening skills. The ability to prepare and deliver concise oral and written reports
In addition to the above;
- Degree in Internal Auditing, Financial Accounting or Financial Management (essential);
- Minimum of 4-5 years experience, with at least three years in a supervisor position;
- Qualified ACA, ACCA or CIMA Accountant or equivalent Auditing/Accountancy qualification/Accreditation with the Institute of Internal Auditors;
- Two years of work experience in an internal audit environment;
- Exceptional accounting skills;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Excellent documentation and IT skills;
- Hands-on knowledge of accounting software (SAGE)
How To Apply For Internal Auditor In LUTH
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to firstname.lastname@example.org using the position as the subject of the email.
The application deadline is 16/04/2021
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com