Development Alternatives Incorporated (DAI)
Internally Generated Revenue (IGR) Specialist Job Vacancy At Development Alternatives Incorporated (DAI)
Internally Generated Revenue (IGR) Specialist job vacancy is currently available at Development Alternatives Incorporated (DAI). Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified individuals who possess all the below-listed criteria.
DAI works on the frontlines of global development. Transforming ideas into action—action into impact. We are committed to shaping a more livable world.
We tackle fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. DAI work with a wide range of clients, including national and local governments, bilateral and multilateral donors, private corporations, and philanthropies.
- Public Financial Management (PFM) Specialist Job At DAI
- Technical Director, Public Financial Management (PFM) Job At DAI
- Human Resource Manager Job At NPF Microfinance Bank
- The purpose of the five-year (2020-2025) “State Accountability, Transparency and Effectiveness” (“State2State”) Activity is to increase the accountability, transparency and effectiveness of selected states and local governments (LGAs) in Nigeria.
- This will be achieved by: strengthening governance systems (with a focus on public financial management [PFM] and procurement, as well as monitoring and evaluation) related to the delivery of services in key sectors (basic education, primary health care, and water, sanitation and hygiene [WASH]); increasing government responsiveness to citizen needs and priorities; and improving government and civil society capacity to manage conflict (through work on prevention, mitigation and reconciliation with the same sectoral partners, not stand-alone assistance to the police or judiciary).
- State2State will achieve this purpose by facilitating the strengthening of subnational governance systems sustainably, supporting the efforts of local reformers and building on locally derived solutions including, to the extent possible, reforms already working in other parts of Nigeria.
- The IGR Specialist will support the design and implementation of the State2State Activity’s IGR strategy and its implementation, including advocacy, integration, and engagement activities across and within all core states and selected Local Government Areas (LGAs) with a focus on three dimensions compliance, enforcement, and public-private dialogue to expand the tax base.
- The IGR Specialist will lead technical activities to improve IGR to fund service delivery improvements in key sectors, such as WASH, health, and education.
- Such activities may include: lead public-private dialogues regarding IGR reforms; developing IGR expansion strategies for each state; conduct regular IGR forecasting and tracking, and build capacity of stakeholders to institutionalize similar processes; conduct or facilitate training for boards of internal revenue, MDAs, ministries of finance and economic development (MOFED), and LGAs on enforcement and administration; mentor officials on IGR expansion strategies, exploring innovative solutions and public-private partnerships (PPPs); evaluate the states’ taxpayer processes, identifying critical gaps/inefficiencies and opportunities; identify and map tax policy and administration challenges in the states, and proposing strategies for improving funding, logistics, administrative, systems, human resources, and compliance and monitoring; contribute to efforts to build government counterpart capacities to identify, respond to, and enhance tax, customs, and other revenue administration; work with citizens to explore the current gaps; explore opportunities and challenges to increase voluntary compliance by taxpayers as well as improve efficiency in revenue management; and other activities as directed by the State2State senior management.
- The IGR Specialist will mentor officials on IGR expansion strategies, exploring innovative solutions and PPPs and ensure innovation and quality control of IGR activities.
Internally Generated Revenue (IGR) Specialist Responsibilities
- The IGR Specialist will collaborate with the Technical Director of Public Financial Management (PFM) and key stakeholders to ensure the integration of IGR interventions into all program activities.
- The IGR Specialist will report to the Technical Director PFM.
- A relevant Degree in Business, Accounting, Development Studies, or relevant field is required. MBA or other relevant Master’s Degree preferable
- At least nine (9) years professional experience, with at least five (5) years of demonstrated experience in design and implementation of interventions regarding improving revenue generation
- Previous successful experience in working for or with government counterparts and/or community organizations to improve IGR
- Demonstrated effective training, capacity building and coaching skills, networking, interpersonal skills, creative problem solving, conflict, and ethical management skills
- Demonstrable experience in integrating gender into revenue generation activities
- Strong skill set in reporting, monitoring and evaluation
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; fluency in the English language
- Computer literacy in word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software (Microsoft Office).
How To Apply For Internally Generated Revenue (IGR) Specialist At DAI
Suitably qualified individuals should send their CV to: NigeriaGovernance@dai.com using “Internally Generated Revenue (IGR) Specialist” as the subject of the email.
Note: Women and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
The application deadline is 24th August.