IFC World Bank Group
Investment Officer At IFC, World Bank Group
The vacant position of Investment Officer is currently available at IFC, suitably qualified candidates who possess the criteria stated below should proceed and apply.
IFC is a member of the World Bank Group, it is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. We work in more than 100 countries, using our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities in developing countries.
In the fiscal year 2020, we invested $22 billion in private companies and financial institutions in developing countries, leveraging the power of the private sector to end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity. For more information, visit www.ifc.org
The Financial Institutions Group (FIG), one of IFC’s industry departments, supports projects in numerous financial sub-sectors, partners with local financial institutions, develops domestic and regional equity and debt markets, and introduces new financing instruments. The goal is to develop efficient financial systems that will increase financial inclusion and fuel economic growth in client countries and enhance IFC’s developmental impact.
The position will be based in Lagos, Nigeria.
- Lead Agriculture Economist Job At World Bank Group
- Financial Sector Specialist Job At World Bank
- General Manager Job Recruitment At Adexen
Duties and Accountabilities
The Investment Officer will identify new investment opportunities, execute transactions and actively manage portfolio projects for financial institutions based in Anglophone West Africa.
- Business Development: Source and assess opportunities, identify bankable projects in target regions, particularly less developed countries, and grow and develop new business transactions. Develop (and/or guide teams in the preparation of) pitchbooks and client proposals in support of the new business. Work closely with Fintech and Disruptive Technology teams to develop strategic partnerships with FinTech companies and expand IFC’s FIG services to include innovative digital technologies.
- Structuring and Negotiation: Structure complex investments (comprising both debt and equity) according to understanding and assessment of client and country risks. Negotiate terms with clients, internal and external stakeholders, and partners, including senior management of IFC and clients (CEO, CFO). Prepare client/partner presentations and support their decision-making at key transaction stages.
- Deal Execution: Lead transaction team from initiation, due diligence, internal approvals, and processing of debt and equity investment, actively handling key work and directing and coordinating work of other team members from across multiple departments. Take full responsibility and accountability for transaction-related decisions and relationships.
- Transaction Management: Deliver all transactions and accountabilities of the role efficiently, on a timely and expeditious basis, and using best practice standards. Ensure that defined transactional requirements recorded in the documentation are executed accordingly. Monitor the portfolio and report development results internally and externally.
- Strategy Development: Contribute to drafting strategies for sectors, countries, or regions for business development; and develop and execute strategies for more complex client engagements to build a robust investment pipeline.
- Knowledge Sharing: Build IFC’s knowledge base for best practices and participate in knowledge sharing and dissemination. Initiate collaboration and share expertise as a subject matter expert, providing advice, peer review, and contribution to knowledge products across WBG to strengthen internal and/or external client solutions.
- Mentoring and coaching: mentor and coach less-experienced investment and advisory services staff and help build talent and grow the skill base of staff.
Requirement For Investment Officer Job At IFC
- Master’s degree in finance or similar relevant education; accreditation as a CFA or CPA is considered a plus.
- At least 8-12 years of relevant experience in the financial sector, including a solid operational understanding of commercial banks and other financial entities in West Africa in particular, and the Africa region in general.
- Advanced financial, credit, and risk evaluation skills, with demonstrated ability to structure and negotiate a variety of complex financial instruments (debt and equity), experience in portfolio management.
- Documented experience identifying, originating, and qualifying new business opportunities developing and executing results-driven client engagements.
- Solid understanding of the FinTech space, including the ability to develop strategic partnerships with FinTech companies.
- Sound business judgment and strong problem solving/negotiation skills, as well as the ability to work effectively on simultaneous projects under time pressure.
- Excellent business judgment and strong analytical and problem-solving skills to identify issues and present creative, practical solutions.
- Capacity to deal with conflicting priorities and deliver high-quality work on schedule; facility to work successfully in multicultural teams and across boundaries.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with the business community and governmental authorities, as needed.
- Demonstrated network of top-level contacts in the financial services and investment industries in the sub-region.
- Excellent and demonstrated written, presentation, and business level communications skills in English.
- Ability to synthesize and present information effectively and tailored to different audiences.
- Genuine commitment to sustainable development.
- Mission travel was severely affected by the Covid-19 pandemic. Once conditions improve, the position will require regional and international travel; hence the candidate should be willing and open to travel.
How To Apply For The Investment Officer Job
- Click the ‘Apply For Job’ button below.
- Follow the link displayed to proceed to the IFC World Bank recruitment portal.
- Follow the onsite guideline to complete and submit your application.
- The application deadline is 24th June
To apply for this job please visit worldbankgroup.csod.com.