Center for Clinical Care and Clinical Research
Laboratory Officer Job Vacancy At Center for Clinical Care and Clinical Research
A Laboratory Officer job vacancy is currently available at the Center for Clinical Care and Clinical Research. Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified individuals who possess all the below-listed criteria.
The Center for Clinical Care and Clinical Research is an indigenous, non-profit organization registered in Nigeria in 2010 to promote best practices in health care delivery, medical training, and research using locally adapted models of health systems strengthening.
- Pharmacy and Supply Chain Specialist (PSC) Job At Center for Clinical Care and Clinical Research
- Care and Support Associate Job At Center for Clinical Care and Clinical Research
- Senior Academic Planning Officer Job At David Nweze Umahi University of Medical Sciences (DNUUMS)
- The Laboratory Officer will provide support for laboratory testing (VL, CD4, TB drives) and ensure timely transmission of quality assured results for decision making at health facilities.
- S/he will also be responsible for the facilitation of VL, drives, Lab systems strengthening, as well as QMS implementation at assigned Health facilities
Laboratory Officer Responsibilities
- The incumbent will build the capacity of facility laboratory staff on appropriate phlebotomy techniques for all categories of clients and ensure adherence to standard lab protocols and guidelines for testing both in the facility and community
- He/ She will be responsible for the periodic evaluation of laboratory methods, procedures, laboratory systems assessments, laboratory continuous quality improvement projects, and review of activities with institutions of corrective and preventive action
- Work collaboratively with other facility professionals in the cascade of care to collate line list clients eligible for VL from EMR to facilitate proactive tracking and bleeding of all eligible clients for VL daily
- Regularly review and ensure prompt documentation of VL results onto TAT register, VL monitoring register, clients’ care card, ART, register, and LAMIS/OMRS whenever results are returned
- Facilitate appropriate VL drive, baseline CD4 for all newly identified clients, and collection of sputum samples from all presumptive TB cases and subsequent transport to nearest GeneXpert Laboratory for analysis
- Facilitate the participation of all community and facility counsellor testers in the proficiency testing program
- Ensure quality controls are performed and documented for RTKs every week amongst the facility and community teams
- Provide weekly updates on VL optimization efforts, appropriate documentation of VL uptake in service registers, and daily uptake trackers
- Coordinate inventory control management for RTKs and other lab supplies in the facility and among the community teams
- A minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Medical Laboratory Science, Microbiology, or a comparable area with appropriate Licensure or certification as a Medical Laboratory Scientist, public health microbiologist approved by the relevant practice regulation agency.
- A minimum of 3 years of progressively responsible professional-level experience in the field of public health and/or laboratory sciences is required. Prior work experience with the Government and/or international organizations is required.
- Considerable knowledge of the basic principles and laboratory applications of biology, microbiology, and chemistry.
- Ability to apply knowledge of information sources in biology, microbiology, chemistry, and scientific methodology.
- Knowledge of current laboratory facilities, methods, equipment, materials, and ability to perform standardized biological, chemical, and microbiological examinations independently.
- Make and record scientific observations accurately, prepare and present scientific records and reports and observe safety precautions and precautions.
- Knowledge of the use of computers and laboratory Information Management.
- Knowledge of public health laboratory laws and regulations; sanitary bacteriology regulations.
- Ability to carry out and consult with other program area staff and the public on this issue.
- Ability to deal with staff and the public in a positive and successful manner
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong written and oral communication skills are required.
- Experienced with lab related data management systems
- Familiar with standards and federal/ state regulations affecting laboratory and laboratory practices
- High level of proficiency in relevant computer applications particularly Ms Excel
- Ability to work independently with strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to work in a team environment are also required.
How To Apply For Laboratory Officer Job
- Hit the ‘APPLY FOR JOB’ button below.
- Follow the displayed link to proceed to the Center for Clinical Care and Clinical Research recruitment form portal
- Fill out the online application form.
- Submit and await notification if shortlisted.
- The application deadline is 14th March 2022.
To apply for this job please visit docs.google.com.