Creative Associates International
Launching State Regional Advisor Job Vacancy At Creative Associates International
A Launching State Regional Advisor job vacancy is currently available at Creative Associates International. Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified individuals.
- State Policy Reform Advisor Job At Creative Associates International
- Budget Planning Advisor Job At Creative Associates International
- Senior Operations Manager Job At Creative Associates International
Creative Associates International is a fast-growing, social impact company that specializes in the areas of education, economic growth, democratic transitions, and stabilization in post-conflict environments. Based in Chevy Chase, Maryland, this global development organization has a field presence in more than 25 countries and a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department. Since its founding in 1977 by four enterprising women, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike. Creative Associates International has been working in Nigeria for more than a decade to support education programs in Nigeria.
Funded by the U.S. Agency for International Development and in close partnership with federal partners and select Nigeria States (designated as legacy [Bauchi and Sokoto], launching and technical assistance), the five-year Leveraging Education Assistance Resources in Nigeria (LEARN) project will support sustainable improvements in reading outcomes for first and second-grade pupils. The goal of LEARN is to strengthen and scale early grade reading (EGR) best practices by ensuring that standards-based, context-appropriate assessment, materials, training, and administrative supports needed to improve literacy skills for P1-2 pupils are embedded within the federal policy, funding, and monitoring frameworks, and state and local authorities have the implementation protocols, capacity, and resources to carry out and sustain standards-based, data-driven EGR reform. The project objective is to instil ownership in and build the capacity of school-community, local, state, and federal systems to establish a base for adequate, consistent data-driven funding, monitoring and performance that increase the equity, inclusion, and wellbeing necessary to achieve sustained EGR gains. LEARN will therefore be building on lessons learned from prior Nigeria reading programs to introduce a flexible, cost-efficient EGR intervention model that can be tailored to state contexts.
The Launching State Regional Advisor provides technical leadership in the implementation of education programming, managing critical program components and service delivery, and coordinating the work of the TA state team.
REPORTING & SUPERVISION
The Launching State Regional Advisor will report to the Senior TA Coordination and Learning Advisor.
- Work with Senior TA Coordination and Learning Advisor to develop TA state-level plans and TA impact monitoring. Support the development of implementation strategies and work plans.
- and coordinates the day-to-day management of technical staff and program implementation. Provides leadership and oversight of the core program functions (program design, documentation, approvals, and close-out).
- Ensures that planned program activities are included in work plans, within budget and are properly documented.
- Ensures that the technical advisors provide information for weekly, quarterly, and annual program updates and reports.
- Provides ongoing problem-solving guidance for TA staff on issues related to technical and operational functions. Ensures close cooperation and coordination between programs and procurement, HR, finance, and administration units.
- Promotes a team approach and a learning culture across all operational support services to prioritize and ensure responsive, quality support for the delivery of programs.
- Ensures the consistent implementation of the project with adherence to donor policies and procedures across all operational support services.
- Interacts productively and collegially with program partners and stakeholders. Represents the project in meetings and events.
- Serves as an active member of the project’s Senior Management Team.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Master’s Degree or higher in education, preferably with a speciality in early grade literacy.
- At least eight years of experience in instructional development and support to education programs are required.
- Demonstrated management ability with the capacity to think strategically, prioritize and meet deadlines in a complex and challenging environment.
- Strong diplomacy skills. ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with partners, donors, and other stakeholders in a sensitive environment.
- Fluency in written and spoken English is required.
- Proficiency in Hausa, Igbo, or Yoruba fluency is preferred.
Preferred Experience & Skills
- Previous experience in a similar role.
- Proven experience, directly and indirectly, supervising and managing staff and teams.
- Experience with a USAID-funded or other international organization implementing a program operating in insecure areas is desired.
- Strong ability to deploy and use various forms of tracking tools.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills are required.
- Excellent record-keeping and documentation skills are required.
- Only finalists will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
Only finalists will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
Creative Associates International Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer (gender/race/disability/veteran) and provides equal opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, colour, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
Please view Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
How To Apply For Launching State Regional Advisor Job
- Hit the ‘APPLY FOR JOB’ button below.
- Follow the displayed link to proceed to the Creative Associates International recruitment portal.
- Complete the online application form and submit it.
- The application deadline is 30th June 2022
To apply for this job please visit global-creative.icims.com.