Oasis Africa Consulting Limited
Lead I & C Engineer – (330 KVA Transmission Line Erection & Commissioning Experience) Job Vacancy By Oasis Africa consulting limited
Lead I & C Engineer – (330 KVA Transmission Line Erection & Commissioning Experience) job vacancy is currently available by Oasis Africa Consulting Limited. Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified individuals who possess all the below-listed criteria.
- Accountant (Apapa, Victoria Island and Ijora) Job By Oasis Africa Consulting limited
- Lead Electrical Engineer – (330 KVA Transmission Line Erection & Commissioning Experience) Job By Oasis Africa consulting
- Clerical Officer Job Vacancy At Cross River State Ministry of Aviation
Our Client an independent oil and gas operator with head office in Lagos and field operations in Delta and Rivers state is currently looking for a Lead Electrical Engineer in Delta State.
This position will be responsible for Design and Engineering work, planning and overseeing installation, Testing and Commissioning, Operation and Maintenance of all systems related to the Combined Cycle Power plant under general supervision.
Preparation of Instrumentation Specifications, Philosophies, Lists, Requisitions, calculations, schedules and drawings for procurement, installation and commissioning of installations (Brownfield and Greenfield Projects) for Conceptual studies/Basic Engineering, Front End Engineering Design (FEED), Detailed Engineering Design (DED) Projects.
The I & C system in CCCP shall consist of
- GTG Control system (SIEMENS T3000 or GE MARK Vie or other OEM equivalent)
- STG Control system (SIEMENS T3000 or GE MARK Vie or ALSTOM or any other STG OEM)
- DCS Control system for complete CCPP (Yokogawa, Honeywell, METSO, SIEMENS, GE MARK Vie or equivalent )
- PLC’s of different BOP packages
- Field Instrumentation for GTG, HRSG, STG and BOP
Lead I & C Engineer Main duties
- Expertise in Design & Engineering, Engineering review and Comments, Installation supervision, Testing and Commissioning, Troubleshooting and O & M of I & C system of Combined Cycle Power plant.
- Supporting all the phases of the project cycle from Concept, Design and engineering till the Operation of the complete Combined Cycle Power plant where little evaluation or ingenuity is normally required.
- Ensure that designs comply with the relevant procedures, standards and regulations.
- Review of Instrumentation drawings (location drawings, interconnection drawings, cable termination drawings, cable tray/route drawings, cable block diagrams, control system block diagrams, shutdown logic diagrams, function block logic diagrams, hook-up drawings for various instruments, FAR layout drawings, junction box termination drawings, level coordination sketches,).
- Ensure, as far as practically possible, that all assigned work is carried out in compliance with the agreed budget and schedule.
- Keep up to date with technical developments, National and International standards and legislative requirements related to the discipline.
- Familiar with International codes, standards and recommended practices for design and selection of I & C as described above
- Prepare RFQs ( instruments, control systems, control panels)
- Review and tagging of P& ID
- Prepare engineering calculation spreadsheets.
- Takes entire responsibility for the execution of detailed design and ensuring compliance with the project specification
- Liaise with other departments, clients, vendors, subcontractors, third parties and approving authority.
- Participate in inter-disciplines, project, client, vendor, subcontractors and third parties meetings.
- Participate in design review such as HAZOP, SIL classification, Independent Design Review Constructability review, P&ID review and 3D model review meetings
- Perform Inter-discipline checks and Job assignments
- Perform Instrumentation engineering review activities on documents/drawings produced out by other Engineers, Designers and CAD Operators.
- Prepare scope of work, man-hour and cost estimates for proposals
- Provide professional advice to peers in Instrumentation engineering design
- Prepare instrumentation cost time ratios (CTRs) for project Bids.
- Perform site verification and mark-up for Projects
- Coordinate with clients, contractors and consultants to determine project requirements, schedules and deliverables.
- Lead design engineering responsibility and supervise work done by Installation and Testing technicians during project execution.
- Specify and set the standards for HSE requirements in the I & C system of CCPP
- Prepare estimates and schedules and assist in their review.
- Encourage and provide lateral learning within the project
- Familiar with interlocks and protection – wiring and instrument signals and drawings for both simple and combined cycles.
- Bachelors’ Degree in Electrical Engineering.
- 15 years experience in power plant projects with specific experience with combined cycle gas-based power projects. (>15 years for Lead Engineer position and more than 12 years for Senior Engineer position)
- 5+ years in the construction of power plants.
- Previous experience working for the Owner, Consultant or EPC contractor on large CCGT projects is essential.
- Readiness to travel
- Readiness to be at the site based in Kwale, Delta State, Nigeria at least 50% time
- Previous international experience is required.
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively when managing multiple tasks.
- Effective oral and written communications and excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to deal effectively with the design team in the resolution of project-related issues.
- Must be self-motivated, results-oriented, and be flexible to work well under tight schedules in a fast-paced multi-disciplinary team environment
How To Apply For Lead I & C Engineer Job
- Hit the ‘APPLY FOR JOB’ button below.
- Follow the displayed Oasis Africa Consulting Limited recruitment portal.
- Fill the online application form accurately.
- Submit and await notification if shortlisted.
- The application deadline was not specified.
Salary and Benefits
- Pay/benefits are competitive based on industry standards
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.