Main One Cable Company
Legal Intern Job Vacancy At Main One Cable Company
A Legal Intern job vacancy is currently available at Main One Cable Company. Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified individuals who possess all the below-listed criteria.
MainOne is a leading provider of innovative telecom services and network solutions for businesses in West Africa. Our world-class infrastructure enhances the productivity and profitability of our customers.
Since its launch in 2010, MainOne has developed a reputation for highly reliable services to become the preferred provider of wholesale Internet services to major telecom operators, ISPs, government agencies, large enterprises, and educational institutions in West Africa MainOne’s world-class submarine cable system running down the coast of West Africa, state of the art IP NGN network, growing regional and metro terrestrial fibre optic networks, and data centre facilities enable broadband services for businesses needing critical connectivity solutions in West Africa.
Our network is interconnected and peers with leading operators and internet exchanges worldwide to provide global reach to our customers.
- Transmission Implementation Engineer (Core) Job At Main One Cable Company
- Transmission Implementation Engineer (Access) Job At Main One Cable Company
- Senior Project Manager & Planner Job At Deep Blue Energy Services Limited
- The Legal Intern will provide operational legal support to the MainOne group’s businesses across multiple jurisdictions.
- The Legal Intern shall be responsible for advising on commercial transactions, vendor and supplier contracts, compliance matters, company secretarial matters, and risk matters.
Legal Intern Responsibilities
- Draft, review, and negotiate a wide variety of commercial legal agreements for the Company’s products and services, inclusive of master services agreements, sales agreements, service level agreements, etc.
- Draft and review legal agreements for the Company’s vendor and supplier transactions including purchase agreements, third-party service agreements, interconnection agreements, professional service agreements, etc.
- Assist in providing internal advisory services to the business units and departments within the Company
- Assist the compliance functions of the department inclusive of monitoring and maintaining the registers and other records required to be maintained by the Company under the Companies and Allied Matters Act (CAMA), as well as identifying and ensuring compliance with statutory and contractual obligations.
- Provide legal advice on corporate and commercial legal matters
- Assist the Company Secretary with company secretarial functions including providing all necessary secretarial support services in respect of the meetings with the applicable rules and regulations, monitoring the rendering of all statutory returns, and giving notification to the Corporate Affairs Commission as required under CAMA.
- Provide assistance in connection with the contract management process of the department including the keeping of contract records, contractual obligations and terms for the purpose of compliance, required filing, and updates of contractual records
- Undertaking in-depth research into any aspect of the law in support of the business
- Gather and analyze research data, such as statutes, decisions, legal articles, and documents
- Prepare and draft correspondences, documents, and other relevant files necessary
- Provide all such other administrative and other secretarial duties as directed by the Head Legal, Corporate and Commercial Services.
- LB / BL (2:2)
- 0-2 years relevant work experience (NYSC or Graduate Trainee)
- Good understanding of general and specific Company and commercial law
- Good judgment and strong initiative
- Strong interpersonal skills and a teamwork-oriented attitude
- Proven ability to effectively juggle competing priorities
- Candidate must be able to work under pressure with keen attention to detail
- Excellent organizational skills and possess the ability to interact effectively with other attorneys and staff, diverse in-house client groups, senior executives, and outside personnel
- Strong ability to think strategically, creatively, and innovatively
- High professionalism, self-motivation, efficiency, and results-oriented delivery on short timelines
- Ability to interact effectively with business and technical clients in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Demands of the Job
- Ability and willingness to work long hours and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Excellent team working ability to ensure smooth operation in the Legal Unit as a whole
- Constant awareness of sensitivity and confidentiality involved in the function
- Good research skill.
How To Apply for Legal Intern Job
- Hit the ‘APPLY FOR JOB’ button below.
- Follow the displayed link to proceed to the Main One Cable Company recruitment portal.
- Complete the online application form and submit it.
- The application deadline is 19th February.
To apply for this job please visit career.mainone.net.