Society for Family Health (SFH)
LGA Community Engagement Officer Job Vacancy At Society for Family Health (SFH)
LGA Community Engagement Officer job vacancy is currently available at Society for Family Health (SFH). Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified individuals who possess all the below-listed criteria.
- Strategic Information Officer Job Vacancy At Society for Family Health
- State Team Lead Job Vacancy At Society for Family Health (SFH)
- Personal Assistant / Executive Job Vacancy At Abuja Clinics
Society for Family Health (SFH) is a Nigerian non-governmental organisation (NGO) working in partnership with communities, government, donors and the private sector for universal health coverage and social justice of all Nigerians.
We deploy health system strengthening and total market approaches in a bid to unify the private and public health sectors to scale an Essential Package of Health Services (EPHS) offering of good quality to all Nigerians.
We work in partnership with the Federal and State Governments of Nigeria, the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), the British Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, MSD for Mothers, the Global Fund and Children Investment Fund Foundation among other international donors.
SFH offers professional opportunities for career growth and advancement, an excellent working environment, and competitive remuneration. We seek to recruit self-motivated and highly qualified persons to fill the under-listed vacant positions, in response to organisational expansion into new geographies.
We are recruiting for LGA Community Engagement Officer at Kaduna (2), Kano (2), Jigawa (2), Yobe (2) and Borno (2) who will carry out the following functionalities in our organization.
The post of LGA Community Engagement Officer contributes to strengthening the capacity of LGHA/HPU to effectively coordinate community engagement activities including the provision of Technical Assistance to targeted health facilities enrolled under the Basic Health Care Provision Fund (BHCPF) through coaching and mentoring towards the achievement of the basic minimum package of health care.
LGA Community Engagement Officer Responsibilities
Provide technical support for Expansion utilization and access to basic health services through support to LGHA in the rollout of effective demand generation and BCC strategies:
- Facilitate regular collaborative engagements between the LGHA and other relevant institutions at the LGA and State levels (SPHCDA, SMOH, Health Promotion Division, and BHCPF state Gateways to find collaborative ways of creating community-level demand for BHCPF services at PHCs.
- Participate in relevant coordination meetings both at the LGA and state levels (TWGs, Social mobilization coordination meetings, etc.)
- TA to the LGHA to develop and implement annual strategic plans and ensure specific LGA level strategies for Community engagement are incorporated and budgeted for in such plans.
Provide Support to Health Promotion Units (HPU)/Social mobilization department within targeted LGAs to develop and implement integrated community engagement and BCC strategies to include sexual reproductive health for adolescents and Early Child Development (ECD) services:
- TA to the Health Promotion Division of LGHA to review/develop or adopt a refined integrated Community engagement to cover RHMNCAEH+N.
- TA to the Health Promotion Division of LGHA to develop and target BHCPF prospective enrolees and beneficiaries with strategic messages through its affiliated social and traditional media channels.
- Provide embedded TA to HPUs at the LGAs to ensure PHCs conduct effective demand creation activities through CHIPS Agents.
- Technical Assistance to Health Promotion Officers at LGHA to plan and monitor activities of community structures -CHIPS agents, religious and traditional leaders and WDCs conducting and monitoring community sensitization in catchment communities of selected Health Facilities.
Strengthening RCCE Pillar at the LGA level to effectively respond to public health emergencies including Covid19:
- Collect, collate, process, and analyze project data generated at the communities and facilities levels
- TA to RCCE Pillar at LGA level to develop a holistic and costed Risk communication strategy that will mirror the health security strategy at the state level.
- TA to HPU to effectively use community structures – CHIPS, WDCs, traditional and religious Leaders – for information sharing, monitoring and response to health emergencies at the community level
Report and other Knowledge management activities:
- Develop work plans and budget to support effective implementation of strategies for Community engagement in targeted LGAs with emphasis on BHCPF facilities.
- Prepare and submit activity reports, monthly and quarterly to show progress in the achievement of deliverables at the LGA level.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Health Education, Nursing or Community Health-related discipline and experience required.
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience including direct experience working in or with LGHA/PHCs on service delivery and Social Mobilization.
- Good understanding of the concept and implementation of the Basic Health Care Provision Fund.
- Experience working (or understands the modalities of working) with the Government (LGHA, MOH, SPHCDA), NGOs, and other relevant Parastatals/Agencies and stakeholders
- Proven leadership and success in engagement and mobilization at the individual, community, and organizational levels.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills, with the demonstrated ability to engage and influence others.
- Good understanding of the health systems in Northern Nigeria in general and LGA level.
- Ability to manage an outcomes-based approach and use of data to inform continuous improvement and decision-making.
- Some knowledge of the Basic Health Care Provision Fund Scheme will be an added advantage.
- Ability to consistently make strategic decisions through a combination of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment.
- Experience in managing budgets in resource-limited environments.
- Excellent MS Office skills (including Word, Excel, Power-point etc.).
Skills and Competencies Required:
- Integrity, commitment to the organization and its mandate
- Cultural sensitivity/valuing diversity
- Performance Management/developing people.
- Problem-solving, project management, and creative resourcefulness.
- Communicating information and ideas
- Analytical and strategic thinking
- Knowledge sharing/continuous learning
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills, with the demonstrated ability to engage and influence others
- Ability to multitask and work with minimal supervision.
Compensation & Benefits
The compensation package for this position is designed to attract, motivate, and retain talented individuals.
How To Apply For LGA Community Engagement Officer Job
- Hit the ‘APPLY FOR JOB’ button below to proceed to the Society for Family Health (SFH) recruitment portal.
- Fill the online application form accurately.
- Upload the necessary documents as requested
- Apply and await notification for an interview if shortlisted.
- The application deadline is 22nd August.
To apply for this job please visit sfhnigeria.simplicant.com.