Edo State College of Agriculture
Librarian Job Recruitment At Edo State College of Agriculture
Librarian job recruitment is currently ongoing at Edo State College of Agriculture, suitably qualified individuals are hereby invited from the suitably qualified individuals who possess all the below-listed requirements.
- This position holder is a Principal Officer of the college who is answerable to the Provost for the day-to-day administration, coordination, and control of the Library of the institution.
- The Librarian formulates the overall Library policy, Liaises with other departments in the College, and prepares library budgets.
- The role player is charged with the responsibility of establishing the policy of library exchange as well as carry out other duties as may be assigned by the Provost.
- Senior Library Officer (CONTEDISS – 08) Job Recruitment
- Bursar Job Recruitment At Edo State College of Agriculture
- Registrar Job Recruitment At Edo State College of Agriculture
- The applicant must be a Doctorate degree holder in Library and Information Science with at least ten (10) years cognate experience in an institution of higher learning, or a Master’s degree in Library and Information Science, with a minimum of fifteen (15) years cognate experience, or a Bachelor’s degree in Library and Information Science in addition to a minimum of eighteen (18) years cognate experience in an institution of Higher Learning.
- Must have been on the rank of chief Librarian or Deputy Librarian for a period of at least five (5) years or two (2) years respectively
- Must not be above 55 years of age at the point of assumption of duty.
- The applicant must be physically and mentally healthy.
- Must be morally sound and of impeccable character.
- He/ she must present a medical report from a Government hospital.
- The applicant must be a registered member of the relevant professional body such as the Librarian Registration Council of Nigeria (LRCN).
- Must have an excellent knowledge of Digital and Automated Library Systems and contemporary application deployment as well as web Literacy and Digital Information Management Proficiency.
Terms of Appointment / Condition of Service
- The appointment for the position is for one single non-renewable term of five (5) years.
- The salary and other benefits of this position are approved from time to time by the Edo State Government.
How To Apply For Senior Library Job Recruitment
Eligible applicants should send thirty (30) type-written copies of their applications alongside with Curriculum Vitae stating ‘Application For the position applied’ at the left top corner of a sealed envelope through a courier service, the application must contain the following details in accordance with the order:
- Full names (Surname first and underlined).
- Date and Place of Birth.
- State of Origin and Local Government Area.
- Nationality and how acquired.
- Marital Status.
- Number and ages of children.
- Current Postal Address including telephone number and e-mail.
- Educational institutions attended with dates.
- Academic and Professional qualifications with dates.
- Membership of Professional Bodies / Associations.
- Honours and Distinctions, if any.
- Academic / Scholarly publications.
- Conferences attended and papers presented with dates.
- Former Employer (s) as well as post (s) held with dates.
- Present Employment to include status, salary, duties plus any other relevant experience.
- Statement of own vision in thirty (30) copies (with a maximum of 1,000 words) for the College (for Principal Officers only).
- Other activities outside current employment
- Three (3) referees’ names and address (preferable employer, educational and personal) who must forward their reports under confidential cover by courier, to below stated address.
The Permanent Secretary,
Ministry of Agriculture and Natural Resources,
Central Road, G.R.A,
P.M.B 106, Benin City,
Edo State, Nigeria.
The application deadline is 10th May 2021
Only Shortlisted candidates will be notified.