Save The Children
Livelihood Assistant Job Vacancy At Save The Children
The vacant position of Livelihood Assistant is currently available in Save the Children Organization, suitably qualified candidates who possess the below stated criteria should proceed and apply.
|TEAM/PROGRAMME: Nigeria Country Office||GRADE: 5|
|Reports to: Livelihood Officer||Employee Status: Fixed Term|
Level 3. The responsibilities of this post may require the post holder to have regular contact with children and young people.
As part of these responsibilities, the post holder will support the establishment of child safeguarding systems, promote a culture of keeping children safe, and ensure that potential harm to children (by our own staff and/or as a result of how we do our work) is identified and addressed on an ongoing basis. The post holder should report and respond to interventions as determined by position-related responsibilities identified in the Child Safeguarding Policy.
To support the implementation of the FSL component of the project. More specifically, assist in the improvement of livelihood programs. S/he is principally responsible for the implementation of the Livelihood project.
- Information Systems and Technology Manager Job At Save The Children
- Office Assistant Job Recruitment At Save The Children
- Community Mobilization Assistant Job Recruitment At Save The Children
Livelihood Assistant Job Responsibilities
Programme Support (typically will be at field level):
- Assist program officers to ensure program progress according to the developed schedule and work plan.
- Assist in the coordination of livelihood activities.
- Support in the process of beneficiary registration, community mobilization, and sensitization.
- Assist in promoting community participation and inclusion to encourage community ownership over activities implemented.
- Ensure equal representation of various community groups in the implementation of activities.
- Assist in the facilitation of community meetings, focus group discussions, and others as required by the program.
- Keep program officers and management updated regards to the security situation in the project implementation area.
- Provide weekly field reports, capturing activities progress, lessons learned as well as the general situation and community updates and needs.
- Document lessons learned and success stories on the project.
- Adhere to all SC policies and procedures as outlined in SC policies and procedure manuals.
- Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to SC and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission in the country of operation.
- To ensure that the minimum standards of humanitarian relief are maintained following the Sphere Charter and Red Cross Code of Conduct.
- Identify learning and training opportunities for partner staff and communicate this to the Livelihoods Officer or Livelihoods Coordinator.
Representation & Advocacy & Organisational Learning:
- Supporting coordination working groups within the IDP camps and host communities or target project sites.
- Contribute to communications and media work as required through correction of data and information and sharing with the project heads
Comply with Save the Children policies and practice concerning child protection, code of conduct, health and safety, equal opportunities, and other relevant policies and procedures
Requirements Livelihood Assistant Job In Save The Children Organization
BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
- holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modeling Save the Children values
- holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance, and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
- widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- future-orientated thinks strategically and on a global scale.
- builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members, and external partners and supporters
- values diversity sees it as a source of competitive strength
- approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- willing to take disciplined risks.
- honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates the highest levels of integrity
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Relevant experience of working in livelihoods, including report writing.
- Education to B. Agriculture or any other related subject or equivalent field experience (in agricultural research programme) and livelihood programming.
- Previous experience in project management and implementation
- Experience of and commitment to working through systems of community participation and accountability
- Knowledge of monitoring and evaluation
- Experience in training and capacity building staff
- Some experience of representation and ability to represent SC effectively in external forums.
- Knowledge of institutional donors and experience in developing proposals
- Ability to write a clear and well-argued assessment and project reports
- Excellent communication and strong influencing skills
- Politically and culturally sensitive with qualities of patience, tact, and diplomacy
- A high level of written and spoken English
- The capacity and willingness to be extremely flexible and accommodating in difficult and sometimes insecure working circumstances.
- Commitment to the aims and principles of SC. In particular, a good understanding of the SC mandate and child focus and an ability to ensure this continues to underpin our support
- High level of communication in a local language related to a working environment
- Familiarity with the integration of programme FSL / Nutrition / Wash
- Experience in gender mainstreaming, social protection programming.
Additional job responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
The role holder is required to carry out the duties following the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Health and Safety
The role holder is required to carry out the duties following SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better health care, education, and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realize the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Save the Children is committed to ensuring that all our personnel and programmes are absolutely safe for children.
We undertake rigorous procedures to ensure that only people suitable to work with children are allowed to join our organization and all candidates will, therefore, be subject to this scrutiny.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Applicants are advised that Save the Children International does not require any payment or expense during the entire recruitment process. Any request in this direction should be immediately reported as it is contrary to the values and practices of our organization.
Due to the volume of applications received, Save the Children may not provide feedback to all applicants. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible, as applications will be reviewed as received. Save the Children reserves the right to change the closing date, if considered necessary.
How To Apply For Livelihood Assistant Job
- Use the ‘Apply For Job’ link below.
- Follow the link displayed to proceed to the Save The Children application portal.
- On the portal, click on the ‘Apply Online’ button.
- Create and verify an application account using your active email.
- Log into your dashboard and complete your account by providing the requested details accurately.
The application deadline is 8th May.
To apply for this job please visit stcuk.taleo.net.