Livestock Market System Director Job Vacancy At Heifer International
A Livestock Market System Director job vacancy is currently available at Heifer International. Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified individuals.
- Livestock Market Systems Coordinator – 11 States Job At Heifer International
- Deputy Bursar Job Vacancy At Maranatha University
Our goal is to help families achieve living incomes, which will allow them to feed their families daily; educate all their children; and have proper housing, water, hygiene and other essential resources.
- We are seeking qualified applicants for the following positions for an anticipated USAID-funded 5-year Feed the Future Nigeria Livestock Development Activity in Nigeria.
- The Activity will potentially explore practical, cost-effective, and multi-stakeholder adaptation solutions to improve the livelihoods of poor and vulnerable communities in target states through:
- Improved agricultural productivity, livelihood and agroecosystem resilience through climate-smart practices;
- Improved ecological and environmental services and functions, including enhanced climate-resilient water and other resource management and supply systems in vulnerable agropastoral communities;
- Strengthened institutional capacity to reduce risks associated with climate-induced socio-economic losses and livelihood failures in the target states; and
- Improved and productive livestock systems to improve food security and nutrition by (potentially) improving the consumption of animal source/protein foods, providing income generation opportunities, and fostering mutual relationships among targeted households and communities.
- These positions are contingent upon funding and donor approval.
- The Livestock Markey System Director will closely collaborate with the Chief of Party to ensure successful technical delivery of the project from the market system lens.
- H/She will be responsible for successfully managing and implementing one or more project components of the proposed activity.
Livestock Market System Director Responsibilities / Deliverables
- Collaborate with the COP to ensure that the respective activity component(s) achieve the greatest impact toward activity goals and objectives.
- Lead technical delivery of the respective activity component(s) by working closely with project beneficiaries and stakeholders including private sector umbrella groups, livestock farmers, lead firms, and local government representatives.
- Oversee the activity delivery team consisting of both LTTA/STTA staff and consultants tasked with contributing to the activity goals of increasing sector productivity through collaboration with government/regulatory officials to address enabling environment challenges and linkages with the local and international private sector stakeholders.
- Design and implement strategies to improve livestock productivity, strengthen market linkages, expand access to markets, support the development of diversified livelihoods opportunities, and strengthen input, service, and capacity-building networks for livestock and diversified livelihoods activities
- Contribute to the development of project strategic plans, annual and quarterly work plans, reports, and other deliverables in line with USAID guidelines to achieve objectives.
- Support efforts to collaborate, learn and adapt with internal and external collaborators, adapting program component(s) as needed to optimize results per learning and contextual changes.
- Ensure that the activity component(s), proposed interventions and results are implemented promptly within the approved budget.
- Develop and maintain strong partnerships with cooperatives, partners, collaborators, rural finance institutions, and any other associated stakeholders in support of the Nigeria Livestock sector.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required.
- A Master’s Degree in Agricultural Economics, Animal Science, Business, International Development or other related field is required.
- At least ten (10) years of experience in international development work managing all integrated aspects of complex programs of similar scale, with a particular emphasis on livestock-related programming in Nigeria.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in addressing livestock productivity challenges that include supporting services (financing/certifications), infrastructure, regulatory best practices, value addition etc.
- Minimum of five (5) years of demonstrated experience with USG or other similar development projects focused on market systems and livelihood development, preferably with an understanding of the Nigerian context including gender and youth issues;
- At least eight (8) years of supervisory experience in building and effectively supervising a diverse team.
- Strong technical experience in a market system approach to development in Nigeria.
- Demonstrated ability to work and coordinate effectively with a wide variety of stakeholders, including national and local government, donors, community-based organizations, and the private sector.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Full professional proficiency in English is required.
How To Apply For Livestock Market System Director Job
- Hit the ‘APPLY FOR JOB’ button below.
- Follow the displayed link to proceed to the Heifer International portal.
- Fill out the online application form and submit it.
- The application deadline was not specified.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.jobvite.com.