Livestock Market Systems Coordinator – 11 States Job Vacancy At Heifer International
A Livestock Market Systems Coordinator – 11 States job vacancy is currently available at Heifer International. Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified individuals.
- Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Director Job At Heifer International
- Livestock Market System Director Job Vacancy At Heifer International
- Deputy Bursar Job Vacancy At Maranatha University
Our goal is to help families achieve living incomes, which will allow them to feed their families daily; educate all their children; and have proper housing, water, hygiene and other essential resources.
- We are seeking qualified applicants for the following positions for an anticipated USAID-funded 5-year Feed the Future Nigeria Livestock Development Activity in Nigeria.
- The Activity will potentially explore practical, cost-effective, and multi-stakeholder adaptation solutions to improve the livelihoods of poor and vulnerable communities in target states through:
- Improved agricultural productivity, livelihood and agroecosystem resilience through climate-smart practices;
- Improved ecological and environmental services and functions, including enhanced climate-resilient water and other resource management and supply systems in vulnerable agropastoral communities;
- Strengthened institutional capacity to reduce risks associated with climate-induced socio-economic losses and livelihood failures in the target states; and
- Improved and productive livestock systems to improve food security and nutrition by (potentially) improving the consumption of animal source/protein foods, providing income generation opportunities, and fostering mutual relationships among targeted households and communities.
- These positions are contingent upon funding and donor approval.
- The Livestock Market Systems Coordinators, based at the State level, will become familiar with the livestock sector; develop an effective and participatory network of livestock stakeholders, including public and private sector livestock value chain participants; conduct needs assessments; support extension services, report on activity implementation; and identify opportunities for the project to facilitate livestock agribusiness finance and investment transactions.
- The Livestock Market System Coordinators will also communicate and coordinate with implementing partners, the other State-based stakeholders as well as with the activity components Team Leaders, M&E Specialist, and Strategic Communications team.
Livestock Market Systems Coordinator – 11 States Responsibilities / Deliverables
- Represent the activity at the State level.
- Advise the Livestock Market System Director and Component Leads on state-specific challenges and opportunities for improvements in the livestock space, and investment opportunities.
- Serve as the primary lead generator for activity interventions in the State.
- Contribute to drafting Terms of References, annual work plans, Weekly, quarterly and annual reports.
- Organize forums and meetings, including but not limited to livestock programming reform focus groups, and livestock stakeholders, with Nigerian government officials, business associations, business development service providers, investors, financial institutions, and SMEs at the State level.
- Ensure stakeholders and beneficiaries are aware of and interested in collaborating with the activity, resulting in the project’s ability to capitalize on any shared efficiencies.
- Meet with relevant stakeholders to develop a strong understanding of the legal, regulatory, and other barriers constraining investment in the livestock value chain, and in association with the Enabling Environment Unit, actively contribute to the development of a clear and coherent vision for the reduction of these barriers.
- Closely coordinate with the Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) team to collect and utilize data to adaptively manage the effort and report on project achievements.
- Backstop and support domestic and international short-term specialists.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Animal Science, Agricultural Economics, Business Administration, Finance, or another related field.
- At least (5) years of relevant, progressively responsible experience is preferred.
- Experience in the livestock sector and familiarity with the National Livestock Transformation plan (NLTP).
- Proven track record in developing, analysing, and implementing projects focused on agribusinesses, agricultural finance, and agricultural value chains.
- Demonstrated experience in facilitating private-sector investments and familiarity with the workings of government at the State level.
- Experience in overseeing and working with short-term domestic and international specialists.
- Able to maintain a rigorous focus on project deliverables, indicators, and results, including being able to engage stakeholders to capitalize on any shared efficiencies.
- Experience with Monitoring and Evaluation or MEL processes; and
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English (knowledge of local languages is an advantage).
How To Apply For Livestock Market Systems Coordinator – 11 States Job
- Hit the ‘APPLY FOR JOB’ button below.
- Follow the displayed link to proceed to the Heifer International portal.
- Fill out the online application form and submit it.
- The application deadline was not specified.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.jobvite.com.