Logistician Job Vacancy At US Mission Lagos Nigeria
Vacant position of Logistician is currently available in US Mission at Lagos, suitably qualified candidates who possess the below stated criteria should proceed and apply.
Hiring Agency: Consulate General Lagos
Series/Grade: FP – 0805 7
Promotion Potential: FP-7
Salary: USD $38,056
Security Clearance Required: Secret
Appointment Type: Temporary
Work Schedule: Full-time – 40 hours per week
Who May Apply/Clarification From the Agency:For USEFM – FP is 07. Actual FP salary determined by Washington D.C.
U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs) – All Agencies
- Supervisory Human Resources Assistant Job At US Mission Lagos Nigeria
- Expediter Job Recruitment At US Mission Lagos Nigeria
- Computer Management Assistant Job At US Mission
The incumbent Provides technical security support and services to posts in its respective geographic region. Manages the ESC/ESO inventory and is responsible for supply chain management, logistics operations, procurement, and inventory reconciliation of technical systems and equipment maintained by the ESC/ESO at its post of residence and constituent posts throughout the region. Assists with office administrative duties, travel arrangements, and tracking the office travel budget.
Requirements For Logistician Job
- EXPERIENCE: Minimum of three (3) years of logistics and/or administrative experience gained in an office setting is required.
- JOB KNOWLEDGE: Good working knowledge of standard airline travel regulations and policies is required. Good working knowledge of Customs, Immigration and Port Health authority’s procedures for clearing cargo/and navigation within the airport is required.
- Education: Completion of high school, secondary school or equivalent academic qualification is required.
- Evaluations: This may be tested. Please specify in your application your level of proficiency in the language listed.
- LANGUAGE: Fluent in English language is required.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO)
The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
Qualifications: All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
Benefits and Other Info
- Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Mission in Lagos, Nigeria may receive a compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
- For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office.
- The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
- HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
- AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
- AEFM / USEFM
- FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant. The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc.?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link.
How To Apply For Logistician In US Mission
- All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a Public Trust clearance.
- Click the ‘Apply For Job’ button below.
- Follow the displayed link to proceed to the US Mission recruitment portal.
- Create and verify your account.
- Log into the portal and complete your application.
In order to qualify based on education, you MUST submit the requested diploma and / or transcripts as verification of educational requirement by the closing date of this announcement. If you fail to provide requested information, or the information you submit is insufficient to verify your eligibility, you will not be considered for this position.
- Copy of Orders/Assignment Notification (or equivalent)
- High School Diploma
- DD-214 – Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
- SF-50 (if applicable)
Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
For further information – the complete position description listing all of the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources Office on 09-461-4000
The application deadline is 05/06/2021
To apply for this job please visit erajobs.state.gov.