UN World Food Programme
Logistics Assistant (Transport Operations) SC5 Damaturu (144342) Job At UN World Food Programme
Logistics Assistant (Transport Operations) SC5 Damaturu (144342) job vacancy is currently available at UN World Food Programme. Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified individuals who possess all the below-listed criteria.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
We are looking for Logistics Assistant (Transport Operations) SC5 Damaturu (144342) to implement well-defined standard logistics/supply chain processes and activities to enable effective delivery of goods and services for all delivery modalities.
These jobs are found in Headquarters (HQ), Regional Bureaux (RBs) and Country Offices (COs) and Area/Field Offices. Job holders report to the Logistics Officer, a Head of Unit, or the designate.
At this level, job holders are expected to take responsibility for the completion of a range of processes and activities requiring some interpretation of standard guidelines/practices for all assistance modalities for both WFP and logistics common services. Job holders can recommend a course of action to staff at various levels and may allocate tasks to other support staff.
- Tally Assistant SC2 Damaturu (144341) Job At UN World Food Programme
- Business Support Assistant – Administration SC4 Maiduguri 1 (144224) Job At UN World Food Programme
- Programme Policy Officer- CSP-NOA (144624) Job At UN World Food Programme
Logistics Assistant (Transport Operations) SC5 Damaturu (144342) Key Responsibilities (not all-inclusive)
- Provide support to logistics operations and activities, following standard processes and facilitating, directly or indirectly, the effective delivery of food assistance to beneficiaries.
- Support timely ordering and delivery of commodities and supplies to authorised partners and destinations.
- Support management of logistics vendors’ contracting activities including performance monitoring and measurement.
- Respond to a variety of technical queries/requests for support, following standard processes, and obtaining guidance as required, to ensure timely and accurate resolution of all enquiries with a high standard of a client service mindset.
- Contribute to budget preparation, monitoring and revision for all delivery modalities, ensuring adherence to relevant procedures and compliance with corporate standards.
- Assist in monitoring inventory management processes to track trends and account for the inventory status from source to the beneficiary.
- Assist in the management of commodity accounting data quality and integrity.
- Support operational pipeline analyses, assessments and operational planning for all delivery modalities.
- Process documentation for the execution of logistics operations (e.g. customs clearance, invoice verification), take appropriate actions to resolve operational issues escalating various issues to the supervisor.
- Collect and compile data, produce and/or contribute to reports (e.g. CCTI, SPRs, financial closure, physical inventory, transport performance) and ensure information accuracy in corporate systems in support of informed decision-making.
- Liaise with an internal and limited number of external stakeholders to support efficient logistics operations management.
- Guide other support staff, to assist them in completing standard tasks to agreed standards and deadlines.
- Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area is desirable.
- Language: General Service (Headquarters): Fluency (level C) in the English language. Fluency (level C) or intermediate knowledge (level B) of another official language may be required depending on the location of the post or area of responsibility.
- General Service (Field): Fluency in both oral and written communication in the UN language in use at the duty station and in the duty station’s language, if different.
- Experience using corporate systems to monitor ongoing shipments, pipeline information, insurance claims, and food stock.
- Experience analysing data (on commodities, funds, etc.) and drafting reports.
- Should be experienced in measuring service providers’ performance against set KPIs.
- Experience in assisting the preparation of contract documentation.
- Experience in providing technical business support in corporate systems.
Terms and Conditions
- Only Nigerian nationals or holders of valid residence and work permits are eligible to apply for this position.
- Applications are to be submitted and received online and in the English language only.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Canvassing is strictly prohibited. Canvassing of any sort will lead to automatic disqualification of the concerned applicant.
- The selected candidate will be employed on a service contract for a period of 12 months.
How To Apply For Logistics Assistant (Transport Operations) SC5 Damaturu (144342) Job
- Follow the ‘APPLY FOR JOB’ button below.
- Follow the displayed link to proceed to the UN World Food Programme recruitment portal.
- Create and verify an account on the portal.
- Complete the online application form accurately.
- Upload the appropriate document.
- Submit your application and await notification if shortlisted for further processes.
- The application deadline is 9th August.
Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate based on HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.
To apply for this job please visit career5.successfactors.eu.