UN World Food Programme
Logistics Officer (CBT Retailer Management) NOA Damaturu (144361) Job At UN World Food Programme
Logistics Officer (CBT Retailer Management) NOA Damaturu (144361) job vacancy is currently available at UN World Food Programme. Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified individuals who possess all the below-listed criteria.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
We are looking for Logistics Officer (CBT Retailer Management) NOA Damaturu (144361) to collect, analyse and report on information to maximise the efficiency of the logistics operations and activities.
These jobs are likely to be found in Headquarters (HQ), Regional Bureaux (RBs) or Country Offices (COs). In the field, role holders typically report to the Head of Field Office or the designate. In RBs and HQ, job holders report to a more senior Logistics Officer. Job holders are likely to be working closely with a more experienced professional staff member receiving guidance and regular feedback on work performed.
- Logistics Assistant (Transport Operations) SC5 Damaturu (144342) Job At UN World Food Programme
- Tally Assistant SC2 Damaturu (144341) Job At UN World Food Programme
- Business Support Assistant – Administration SC4 Maiduguri 1 (144224) Job At UN World Food Programme
Logistics Officer (CBT Retailer Management) NOA Damaturu (144361) Key Responsibilities (not all-inclusive)
- Contribute towards the development of logistics plans and processes ensuring compliance with wider logistics policies and WFP standards.
- Support logistics projects or operational day-to-day activities following standard processes and contributing, directly or indirectly, to the effective delivery of food assistance to beneficiaries.
- Collect and analyse data through research and networking with colleagues to recommend actions to the supervisor to improve the performance of local logistics operations.
- Conduct portions of financial analysis and budget reviews, drawing out insights and recommending actions to the supervisor to optimise the use of available funds.
- Guide support staff, acting as a point of referral and supporting them with analysis and queries.
- Collate data and contribute to the preparation of accurate and timely reporting, supporting a WFP wide view of logistics activities that enables informed decision making and consistency of information presented to stakeholders.
- Support the capacity building of WFP staff and partners for efficient and effective delivery of food assistance to beneficiaries (i.e. through contribution to the training materials).
- Identify and build productive relationships with logistics colleagues and staff within the area of assignment to support an integrated approach to food assistance.
- Follow emergency logistics preparedness practices to ensure WFP can quickly respond and deploy food and needed resources to affected areas at the onset of the crisis.
- Act in an assigned emergency response capacity as required to meet emergency food assistance needs.
- Other as required.
- Education: Advanced University degree in Transport Economics, Supply Chain, Logistics, Engineering, Business Management or other related fields, or First University degree with additional years of related work experience and/or training/courses.
- Language: International Professional: Fluency (level C) in English language.
- National Professional: Fluency (level C) in the English language and understanding at least one of the local languages (Hausa or Kanuri).
- Experience using corporate systems to monitor ongoing shipments, pipeline information, insurance claims, and food stock.
- Experience analysing data (on commodities, funds, etc.) and drafting reports.
- Should be experienced in measuring service providers’ performance against set KPIs.
- Experience in assisting the preparation of contract documentation.
- Experience in providing technical business support in corporate systems.
Terms and Conditions
- Only Nigerian nationals or holders of valid residence and work permits are eligible to apply for this position.
- Applications are to be submitted and received online and in the English language only.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Canvassing is strictly prohibited. Canvassing of any sort will lead to automatic disqualification of the concerned applicant.
- The selected candidate will be employed on a service contract for a period of 12 months.
How To Apply For Logistics Officer (CBT Retailer Management) NOA Damaturu (144361) Job
- Follow the ‘APPLY FOR JOB’ button below.
- Follow the displayed link to proceed to the UN World Food Programme recruitment portal.
- Create and verify an account on the portal.
- Complete the online application form accurately.
- Upload the appropriate document.
- Submit your application and await notification if shortlisted for further processes.
- The application deadline is 9th August.
Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate based on HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.
To apply for this job please visit career5.successfactors.eu.