Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN)
Maintenance Officer Job Vacancy At Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN)
A Maintenance Officer job vacancy is currently available at the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN). Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified individuals who possess all the below-listed criteria.
- Secretary Job At Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN)
- Database Engineer Job At Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN)
- Systems / Business Analyst Job At Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN)
The Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN) was established by Act of Parliament No. 15 of 1965 to:
(i) determine what standards of knowledge and skill are to be attained by persons seeking to become members of the accountancy profession and to raise those standards from time to time as circumstances may permit;
(ii) secure following the provision of the Act, the establishment and maintenance of the registers of fellows, associates and registered accountants entitled to practice as accountants and auditors and to publish from time to time a list of those persons;
(iii) perform, through the Council of the Institute, all other functions conferred on it by the Act. As the foremost professional accounting body in the West African sub-region, in 1982, ICAN initiated and contributed significantly to the formation of the Association of Accounting Bodies in West Africa (ABWA). In fulfilling its mission, the Institute has over the years certified 38,000 Chartered Accountants who are engaged in value creation in various sectors of the economy. Apart from being in professional practice, ICAN members are engaged in the three tiers of public service as well as the private sector.
- The position provides general supports for the smooth running of the operations of the Institute’s functions and mandates.
Maintenance Officer Responsibilities
- Implements maintenance procedures;
- Carries out inspections of the facilities to identify and resolve issues;
- Checks electrical and hydraulic systems of buildings to ensure functionality;
- Checks safety equipment such as fire hoses, fire extinguishers, smoke detectors and alarms;
- Plans and oversees all repair and installation activities;
- Monitors equipment inventory and places orders when necessary;
- Manages relationships with contractors and service providers;
- Keeps maintenance logs and reports on daily activities;
- Ensures health and safety policies are adhered to;
- Reserves/orders materials to complete planned activities;
- Performs basic plumbing maintenance and repairs on taps, basins and toilets;
- Reports requirements for major repairs to management and;
- Changes lock on doors and windows.
- HND / B.Sc in Electrical / Electronic Engineering
- Minimum of 2 years of work experience
Skills / Competencies:
- Good knowledge of ICAN
- Experience in planning maintenance operations
- Solid understanding of technical aspects of plumbing, carpentry, electrical systems
- Working knowledge of facilities machines and equipment
- Ability to keep track of and report on activity
- Skilled in the use of hand and power tools
- Experience with precision measuring instruments or electronic testing devices
- Experience performing routine maintenance
- Team Working skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational and follow up skills
- Attention to detail
- Time management.
How To Apply For Maintenance Officer
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
The application deadline is 17th November.
- Multiple applications will lead to disqualification
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.