Grand Cereals Limited (GCL)
Maintenance Planner Job Vacancy At Grand Cereals Limited (UAC of Nigeria Plc)
A Maintenance Planner job vacancy is currently available at Grand Cereals Limited (UAC of Nigeria Plc). Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified individuals who possess all the below-listed criteria.
- Technical Store Keeper Job Vacancy At Grand Cereals Limited (UAC of Nigeria Plc)
- Shift Production Supervisor Job At Grand Cereals Limited (UAC of Nigeria Plc)
- Mill Operator – Cereal Plant Job At Grand Cereals Limited (UAC of Nigeria Plc)
Grand Cereals Limited (GCL) is an integrated foods company whose primary activity is the creation of superior value from local raw materials, with leading brands in the Cereals, Vegetable Oil and Animal Feed categories.
Purpose of Job
- Responsible for managing the maintenance process across the factory, reducing breakdowns and ensuring equipment reliability and maintainability.
- The role also ensures that maintenance related data that guarantees equipment reliability are kept up to date.
Maintenance Planner Responsibilities
Work Order Management:
- Responsible for reviewing notifications from various sources, converting to work orders and assigning same to relevant maintenance personnel responsible for resolution.
- Follow up the work order system to ensure that work orders are completed on schedule. Responsible for generating data that measures compliance with the work order system.
- Drive the system that ensures that all work done in the factory are accomplished using work orders.
Tag System Management:
- Responsible for managing the tagging system to ensure that all identified equipment issues are tagged.
- Follow up with Maintenance personnel to confirm that the tag record and analysis register is updated at all times.
- Co-ordinate resolution of all tagged issues in good time.
- Manage the process that integrates the tag system with SAP notification systems.
Maintenance Cost Management:
- Generate monthly reports to track the cost of maintenance across the plants.
- Work with Maintenance Engineers to drive down the cost of maintenance by rolling out best in class maintenance practices.
Work Preparation and Maintenance:
- Participates in Planned Maintenance preparation by coordinating the pre-maintenance inspection, pre-maintenance meeting, the maintenance process and post-maintenance inspection/meeting. Ensures that all processes are documented accordingly.
- Follow up on maintenance planning and feedback and ensure files are properly documented on the server.
Maintenance Planning and Control:
- Manage the planning and execution of maintenance by designing and implementing Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) to guide the planning and execution of maintenance.
- Manage the execution of all 5why deliberations to ensure the quality of the process and follow up on execution and documentation of all countermeasures generated from the RCA.
- Manages and updates the Planned Maintenance System on SAP to ensure that task lists are updated and used during maintenance.
- Manage weekly maintenance-related meetings and follow up to ensure that resulting activity are carried out to reduce breakdowns to the barest minimum.
Equipment and Plant Reliability:
- Manages reliability metrics of MTBF, MTTR and number of breakdowns. Generate reports to track the reliability of equipment and liaise with maintenance personnel to stem downtrends.
- Ensures workplace is 5S Compliant to enhance maintenance activities, safety and general working condition within the area where maintenance is being carried out.
- Maintains files appropriate to the activities of maintenance structure.
- Prepares reports and composes correspondence relative to the work.
- Cleanliness and orderliness of work areas
- Ensures that the workplace is organized according to extant 5S standards
Health, Safety and Environment:
- Reports near misses, unsafe conditions and unsafe behaviour within and outside the work area
- Participate in period hazards identification and detailed risk assessment in the work area as applicable
- Participate in the investigation of safety events (Incidents, accidents etc) in the work area.
- A minimum of an Ordinary National Diploma in any Engineering related discipline
- A minimum of five (5) years relevant work experience with at least three (3) years in a role as a technician.
Knowledge, Skills & Attitude:
- Excellent knowledge of SAP PM and Work Order Management techniques
- Basic knowledge of spare parts and relationship with equipment
- Analytical and Numerate Skills
- Effective communication skills
- Multitasking and Time Management Skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Physical and mental alertness
How To Apply For Maintenance Planner Job
- Hit the ‘APPLY FOR JOB’ button below.
- Follow the displayed link to proceed to the Grand Cereals Limited (GCL) recruitment portal.
- Fill the online application form accurately.
- Upload your resume and send your application.
- The application deadline is 24th November.
- Only the shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit grandcereals.com.