Main One Cable
Managed Service Engineer Job Vacancy At Main One Cable
A Managed Service Engineer job vacancy is currently available at Main One Cable. Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified individuals who possess all the below-listed criteria.
- GNOC Service Desk Engineer (Level 1) Job At Main One Cable
- GNOC Service Desk Engineer (Level 1) – Contract Job At Main One Cable
- Data Centre Service Engineer Job Vacancy At Main One Cable
MainOne is a leading provider of innovative telecom services and network solutions for businesses in West Africa. Our world-class infrastructure enhances the productivity and profitability of our customers.
Since its launch in 2010, MainOne has developed a reputation for highly reliable services to become the preferred provider of wholesale Internet services to major telecom operators, ISPs, government agencies, large enterprises, and educational institutions in West Africa MainOne’s world-class submarine cable system running down the coast of West Africa, state of the art IP NGN network, growing regional and metro terrestrial fibre optic networks, and data centre facilities enable broadband services for businesses needing critical connectivity solutions in West Africa.
Our network is interconnected and peers with leading operators and internet exchanges worldwide to provide global reach to our customers.
Managed Service Engineer Responsibilities
- The Managed Service Engineer will be responsible for end to end communication monitoring and fault management of all circuits of Managed Services origin in MainOne using various TX, IP, and trouble ticketing systems to support the delivery of his/ her job functions.
Specifically, the Managed Services Engineer will be responsible for:
- Monitoring all MainOne Managed Services customer circuits providing a specific update, status, and performance to customer and MainOne internal stakeholders etc.
- MainOne’s monitoring tools follow the Company’s standard operating procedure for fault escalation and management to identify faults or performance issues within the customer network.
- Working with the service desk team to ensure trouble tickets (TT) are opened and updated for every networking event within the customer’s managed services network and ensure they are tracked with customers, MainOne internal teams, and MainOne partners till they are closed.
- Ensuring proper technical documentation of the customer’s managed services circuits and network information to aid the effective operation of the managed service.
- Maintaining constant communication through phone calls and emails with the customer taking his complaints and ensuring they are resolved to the satisfaction of the customer using Main One’s standard operating procedures.
- Running daily, weekly and monthly reports on customer’s network performance and sharing with customer and MainOne internal stakeholders.
- Ensuring all signed Managed Services SLAs with customers are met.
- You will be required to liaise and interface with other groups/departments internally and other MainOne partners not limited to her vendors and 3rd Party service providers who are involved in the deployment of the “Managed Service” solutions.
- Minimum of B.Sc in Electrical Electronics Engineering or Degree in a related discipline.
- 5-7 years experience
- Routing Protocol troubleshooting experience (BGP, IS-IS, OSPF, EIGRP)
- Good knowledge of networking technologies- TCP/IP, BGP, DNS will be an added advantage.
- Relevant Professional/Technical certifications preferably CCNA & CCNP
- Good knowledge of Microwave networks. Working knowledge of Ubiquiti radios will be an added advantage.
- Good knowledge of Fibre network and its related carrier technologies e.g. GPON, Media Converter and DWDM.
- Good communication skills.
- Good documentation and reporting skills with proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office.
- Able to use initiative to tackle a broad range of problems, while still following procedures and processes.
- Strong diagnostic, analysis and problem resolution skills with a flexible approach to problem-solving.
- Able to work well within a busy team and handle a wide range of issues.
- Capable of multi-tasking, good time management and prioritization of workload.
- Strong analytical skills and able to collate and interpret data from various sources.
- Ability to assess and prioritize faults and respond or escalate accordingly.
- Willing to learn and develop new skills and actively seeks out tasks that help develop skills and knowledge.
- Actively seeks ways of improving existing systems and processes.
- ‘Can do attitude.
- Actively encourage strong working relationships with other teams.
- Ability to form good customer relationships with the customer.
- Good technical documentation skills
- Very good understanding of Main One’s products and processes
- Eager and quick to learn
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong commitment to excellence
- Innovation and creativity
- Result orientated.
Demands of the Job
- Ability and willingness to work round the clock when required, and meet tight deadlines
- Good research skills.
- Ability to pay attention to details.
How To Apply
- Hit the ‘APPLY FOR JOB’ button below.
- Follow the displayed link to proceed to the Main One Cable recruitment portal.
- Signup for an application account on the portal.
- Log into your dashboard and fill the online application form accurately.
- Submit your application and await notification if shortlisted.
- The application deadline was not specified.
To apply for this job please visit career.mainone.net.