Management/Financial Accountant Job In Dangote Group
The vacant position of Management/Financial Accountant is currently available in Dangote Group. Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified individuals who possess all the below-listed criteria.
The Dangote Group is a Nigerian multinational industrial conglomerate, founded by Aliko Dangote. It is the largest conglomerate in West Africa and one of the largest on the African continent,
We are looking for a Management/Financial Accountant who will manage and coordinate budgeting and management reporting procedures at the plant and ensure the availability of up-to-date and accurate information on budgeted and actual financial activities, to support informed decision-making by management.
- Corporate Driver Job Vacancy In Dangote Group
- Inventory Officer Job Vacancy In Dangote Group
- General Manager, Mines Job Vacancy In Dangote Group
Management/Financial Accountant Key Responsibilities
- Circulate the annual business planning guidelines/ assumptions and guide budget holders during the planning process of the plant.
- Oversee collation of budget inputs across the plant and prepare a consolidated annual budget for the plant.
- Monitor approved budget allocations by obtaining information on revenue and expenditure and reporting variances monthly.
- Drive periodic budget forecasting and recommend budget review as required.
- Develop periodic and other ad hoc budget reports, forecasts and analyses.
- Generate monthly business performance statements, noting major deviations from planned budget and risk areas and prepare variance analysis for Head, Plant Finance.
- Manage journal entries on SAP (or other systems) and check with relevant documents (e.g. GRN/ SRN, invoices, etc.) to ensure uniformity of details and accuracy of postings/ reconciliations for month-end or periodic management reporting.
- Approve vouchers and journals for posting and manage reconciliation to various ledgers.
- Allocate costs for central or joint expenditure to relevant cost centres in line with DCP’s cost allocation policies.
- Proffer relevant recommendations to the Head, Plant Finance on the financial implications and consequences of business decisions at the plant.
- Provide Plant Management with complete, valid, accurate and timely reports for effective decision making.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Head, Plant Finance.
Education and Work Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in Accounting, Finance, Economics or other related disciplines.
- Relevant professional certification (e.g. ACA, ACCA, CIMA, CFA).
- Minimum of ten (10) years relevant experience.
Skills and Competencies
- Good understanding of trends, challenges, opportunities, regulations and legislations relating to the cement manufacturing industry.
- Proven experience in planning, budgeting and forecasting activities.
- Very sound business acumen – financial and commercial knowledge.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Good leadership and people management skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- High ethical standards and integrity.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Working knowledge/ experience in the use of financial systems including SAP.
- Good understanding of micro and macroeconomic indices and their impact on the cement business.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of IFRS, finance best practices and other applicable reporting and accounting standards.
- Private Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Training and Development
How to Apply For Management/Financial Accountant In Dangote
- Click the ‘Apply For Job’ button below.
- Follow the link displayed to proceed to the Dangote Group recruitment portal.
- fill the online application form
- Upload the requested documents.
- Submit your application and await notification if shortlisted for an interview.
- The application deadline is not specified.
To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com.