Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN)
Manager, Exams Job Vacancy At Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN)
A Manager, Exams job vacancy is currently available at the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN). Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified individuals who possess all the below-listed criteria.
- Front Desk Officer Job At Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN)
- IT Personnel Job At Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN)
- Subject Matter Expert Job At Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN)
The Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN) was established by Act of Parliament No. 15 of 1965 to:
(i) determine what standards of knowledge and skill are to be attained by persons seeking to become members of the accountancy profession and to raise those standards from time to time as circumstances may permit;
(ii) secure following the provision of the Act, the establishment and maintenance of the registers of fellows, associates and registered accountants entitled to practice as accountants and auditors and to publish from time to time a list of those persons;
(iii) perform, through the Council of the Institute, all other functions conferred on it by the Act. As the foremost professional accounting body in the West African sub-region, in 1982, ICAN initiated and contributed significantly to the formation of the Association of Accounting Bodies in West Africa (ABWA). In fulfilling its mission, the Institute has over the years certified 38,000 Chartered Accountants who are engaged in value creation in various sectors of the economy. Apart from being in professional practice, ICAN members are engaged in the three tiers of public service as well as the private sector.
- The position reports to the Head, Prof Exam and is responsible for effective planning and management of the examination processes.
Manager, Exams Responsibilities
- Liaises with and manages relationships with examiners;
- Reviews and agrees each examination processes and procedures for presentation to and approval of the appropriate authority and by the Chair of the Examination Committee;
- Develops and obtains approval for examination timetables and ensures approved timetables are complied with;
- Acts as the in-house expert for respective syllabus areas by reviewing syllabuses, maintaining up-to-date knowledge and providing technical guidance;
- Leads and ensures compliance with quality control measures in the examination process and improvement of all processes to ensure operational efficiency;
- Coordinates the review of learning materials;
- B.Sc. / HND in Accounting, Economics
- Qualified member of the Institute
- A Master’s Degree is an advantage
- Specialist knowledge in any of the following specified areas:
– Financial Accounting and Auditing
– Cost Accounting and
– Tax and Law
- Minimum of 5 years relevant post-professional qualification experience.
Skills / Competencies:
- This role requires strong knowledge of both qualitative and quantitative research methodology, ability to evaluate and interpret financial statements with a sound financial management capability.
- The ideal candidate must be innovative and research-inclined with a good understanding of the global economy and key development imperatives.
- The role also requires strong communication and analytical skills, confidence, integrity and demonstrated ability to effectively engage diverse groups of people both within and outside the Institute.
How To Apply For Manager, Exams
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
The application deadline is 17th November.
- Multiple applications will lead to disqualification
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.