Manager, Internal Audit Job Vacancy At Sparkle Nigeria
Manager, Internal Audit job vacancy is currently available at Sparkle Nigeria. Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified individuals who possess all the below-listed criteria.
- Senior Software Engineer (Java) Job At Sparkle Nigeria
- Manager, Operational Risk and Information Technology Job At Sparkle Nigeria
- Audio Engineer Job Vacancy At IDMANN Institute
Sparkle Nigeria is a bank and then more, licensed by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), we are what most people would refer to as a digital bank. We offer financial, lifestyle and business support services to Nigerians across the globe.
At Sparkle, we are building a tribe of like-minded people to create a marketplace that makes it easy to achieve business outcomes.
- As the Internal Audit Manager, you will be responsible for managing an independent, objective assurance and consulting activity designed to add value and improve Sparkle’s operations by providing risk-based internal audit assurance and advisory services to support and improve the system of risk management, internal control and governance.
- Reporting to the Chair of the Audit & Risk Committee, with functional reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, you will be responsible for providing strategic leadership, direction and setting priorities for Sparkle’s Internal Audit function.
- In this role, you will be responsible for developing and managing the internal audit function, assessing and reporting on the state and effectiveness of Sparkle’s internal controls and lastly managing financial, operational, and compliance audits and special investigations for Sparkle.
Manager, Internal Audit Responsibilities
Strategic Planning & Execution:
- Leveraging Sparkle’s organization-wide strategic, operational, financial and compliance targets and related risk profiles to effectively set the strategic direction and priorities of the Internal Audit function.
- Provide specialized expertise to business operations and functional teams, to ensure business risks are managed appropriately and kept up to date with evolving business needs.
- Identify and make recommendations to the Leadership Team on designing improvement opportunities to controls and operational processes to achieve Sparkle’s compliance objectives.
Governance, Risk & Control Frameworks:
- Evaluate Management’s risk-taking posture and awareness of the risks associated with their area
- Apply knowledge of internal audit methodology, and drive adherence to guidance to ensure quality
- Challenge processes and procedures to reflect governance best practice
- Perform risk assessments to conduct the appropriate type of engagement (assurance vs advisory) based on the risk assessment and business need
- Communicate the results of audit work to specified standards, and use frequent communication and to ensure timely validation and remediation by Management
- Work proactively with our External Auditors to determine areas where assistance and direct audit reliance can be provided by Internal Audit.
- Regularly meet with the External Auditors to discuss the internal and external audit plans and to share knowledge of any issues. These meetings shall ensure that the roles of the two functions are coordinated, avoiding duplication of effort to the extent that the Auditing Standards allow it.
- Maintain a professional audit staff with proficient knowledge, skills, experience and professional certification to meet the requirement of the audit function.
- Build, attract and retain team members through strong best in class talent acquisition, performance management through reviews and feedbacks, talent development, engagement.
- Manage functional communications and cross-departmental audit projects when appropriate.
- Manage the team’s completion of the audit plan, ensuring that audits/projects progress as planned concerning scope, budget and timetable.
- A degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance, and/or Economics is required
- Professional Certification in internal or external audit
- 7+ years’ progressive audit management experience (ideally in the financial services sector).
- A hands-on, operationally oriented and value-added approach to audit operations.
- Capable of developing excellent business relationships in all areas of the organization.
- Expert in applying internal audit standards, procedures and techniques following the International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing.
- Knowledge of and familiarity with Information Technology general controls and IT security leading practices.
- Knowledge of and familiarity with the governance of information management systems.
- Previous experience with PCIDSS, ISO 27001:2013 and ISO 22301:2019
- Advanced knowledge of relevant legislation, regulatory requirements and best practices. Keeps apprised of new or amendments to legislation and regulatory requirements.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to interact across all functions within the organization, to lead and affect process change and improvements.
- Ability to form relationships based on trust with all internal colleagues and external stakeholders (e.g. Regulators).
- A high degree of integrity to handle confidential assignments.
How To Apply For Manager, Internal Audit Job
- Hit the ‘APPLY FOR JOB’ button below.
- Follow the displayed link to proceed to the Sparkle Nigeria recruitment portal.
- Fill the online application form and upload the necessary documents.
- Submit your application.
- Only the shortlisted candidates shall be invited for an interview.
- The application deadline was not specified.
To apply for this job please visit www.sparkle.ng.